Barix Post Op Meeting...

Sweetkatie
on 10/15/08 9:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA

I met many of you last night for my first post op Barix meeting in nearly 3 years!  I spoke briefly about the struggles I've seen in my 3 years post op and the current struggle I'm having with weight gain and body image.  I just wanted to say how delighted I was to meet each and every one of you.  I plan on bringing myself back into this community full swing because as much as my friends and family love me.... They don't understand, and I know you all do.  So thank you again for listening to what I had to say, and mostly for caring and encouraging me to get back to where I belong. 

EileenWalton
on 10/15/08 9:59 pm
It was great meeting you last night Katie, and I'm so glad you have found a home with the Barix family.  I look forward to seeing you again next month.
Eileen

Sweetkatie
on 10/15/08 10:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Eileen!  It was so nice to get to know you over dinner... and your pictures just blew me away!  You look fantastic!
Dennis Belk
on 10/15/08 10:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Katie,
Welcome back!
Very pleased you could join us and I look forward to seeing you tag along with the best group ever. We've got the magic and I for one am really digging it.
Take care and see ya soon,

Dennis
GD_007
on 10/15/08 10:36 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Katie,
It was very nice to meet you in person!  Hope to see more (or "less") of you over the coming months.
-Greg D
Sweetkatie
on 10/15/08 11:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
"Hope to see more (or "less") of you over the coming months."  HAHA.. You and me both!!!!  Thanks so much!
ktreavis
on 10/15/08 10:53 pm - PA
I am so glad that you joined us... I hope things begin to look better for you. You have definitely found a good support system.. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Sweetkatie
on 10/15/08 11:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I'm kinda kicking myself for not taking advantage of this support system a long time ago... But so happy that I've been welcomed with open arms... Thanks so much!
Pam Hart
on 10/15/08 11:00 pm - Easton, PA
Katie,

It was great to meet you last night.  I was so glad you got to come to dinner with us as well.  And lemme tell you something - you are one hot woman!!

You will continue to follow the road where you need to be, with the right support and the right attitude which you already have.  The way you spoke at the meeting last night made it absolutely clear that you know what you need to do and know where you have to be, and that is one of the first steps.

Welcome back to the group - I hope to get to know you better!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 10/15/08 11:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Ditto on the hot!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views