Single Jumping Into the Dating Pool Need Help?

Dolores O.
on 10/17/08 10:11 am
On October 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM Pacific Time, New_Beginnings_36 wrote:

Dating? What's that? I think you are speaking a foreign language! LMAO

I am totally feeling this thread and Steph's response LOL

I'm going through the emotions of wanting to date, but finding it hard to want to start since no one was interested in me FAT...

This sucks...I'm sick of being single.

Dolores~

jojobear98
on 10/15/08 8:12 pm - Gettysburg, PA
When I was dating, I didn't bring it up instantly. But when we would go out to eat, of course I didn't eat much. Some guys would mention it. Some wouldn't. If it was brought up, I explained.

I tended to get postiive feed back. Things like, wow, we you look good. And sometimes even questions about how the sugery works and what not. I never had anyone freak out about how much I used to weigh.

That being said, guys can be bums about other things.......LOL. So it's still about juggling through the keepers and the ones you throw back. I found a WONDERFUL man that pretty much didn't care about anything before I met him. He said that "this is now" and my intentions are about a future, not a past. And he wasn't just referring to my old weight but my past relationships and other things we have hanging in our closet.

Dating can be scary and fun. I met alot of nice people. Some of which I am still friends with, I just wasn't a fit relationship wise. My opinion is to be as honest as you can and see how the other reacts. That is the first clue as to thier character.

I was happy dating and just meeting people. I had fun getting out there and just enjoying life and other people company. Even when I met my "Sweet Johnny" I didn't even want a relationship. I wasn't ready yet. At least I didn't think so. But he won me over and I knew he was a keeper! And 2 years later, I have still managed to keep ahold of him! LOL

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow in life and let things pan out. You never know till you put yourself out there and try. You learn alot about what you want in a person and what is right for you.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views