Single Jumping Into the Dating Pool Need Help?

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 12:21 am
Ladies and Gentlemen,
     After Cheryl's post yesterday in regards to dating touched base on a topic I have had rolling through my head since August when I had my first post surgery dating experience which was a nightmare I have been thinking about how others handle the " I had WLS topic and when to approach it" Is it when we eat a few spoonfuls at dinner or before??? So a singles support group I think is a good way to help us through the times.

So ladies and gentlemen let's get together share our thoughts if you are single thinking about dating again or currently dating. Share what went wrong on a date or what is on our minds to stop of from dating or not feel right yet. If you are dating what went right for you and when did you tell the person were they supportive?  If you are interested please let me know and I will get a date organized and see what will work best for everyone.

You can reply here, send me a PM or email me directly at [email protected] send me your interest,thoughts feedback. 

Disclaimer because I like disclaimers**

What ever happens at a singles meeting stays at a singles meeting!

tammypa
on 10/15/08 1:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth,
Sounds like a great idea. I would definitely be interested.
Will see u tonight at the meeting.
Tammy
CherylT
on 10/15/08 1:40 am - Perkasie, PA
I'm still in!

joldaker
on 10/15/08 2:42 am - West Bradford, PA
I am not single or dating but I have a brother in law that is single. ::wink wink:::
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 3:47 am
Jenn
We just may auction him off in a few months
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/15/08 3:33 am
I met Nannette Ryan (Support Group Leader in Toms River and Lakewood, NJ).  She mentioned at a meeting that her Fiance freaked a little when he found out how much she used to weigh.  She assured him, she had her weight under control and had no intentions of regaining it.  It took a bit of defending, but he did accept her and they did get married.  I haven't spoken to her in awhile, so I don't know what happens on a daily basis.  Just to let you know, when you have lost over 100# its a huge worry for the other party to be in a situation where you could leave them feeling a lot of guilt if the weight issue is a deal breaker.  I guess depending upon the seriousness of the relationship it should be brought up if there is to be a long term comittment.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 3:45 am
Nan,

I do agree that it needs to be bought up to someone you are in a relationship with but when do that ??? Do you introduce yourself and annouce it or wait to see how things before you bring it up. It took me few months to openlyadmit to surgery and I am very comfortable telling those that know me and see me when they say wow but I also do no****n to wear a neon sign.

Dating is always a game of chance at least the way I think but now toss in this twist how do we handle it ...
CherylT
on 10/15/08 3:51 am, edited 10/15/08 3:52 am - Perkasie, PA
As for when do we disclose our weight loss info, I tend to lean toward telling the other person right away, you know the first initial conversations. Why waste time? Tell the person and see their reaction and also get a glimpse of their personality before you become close and their reaction might be more upsetting. You know? You can see right away if the person is worth another date. But that's just me.

jackie j
on 10/15/08 5:07 am - Glenmoore, PA
I remember back when I was fat....one guy I'd been cyberchatting with, we were making arrangements over the phone to meet...I'd told him I was fat right from the start, he brought it up again...."just how fat are u?"  "like, butter up the doorjams fat?? or just a little fat??"    guess, the times change but the jerks still remain......    I did find my prince and he's known the large and the lesser of me ....hope ya'll skip the frogs   and go right to the princes !

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

New_Beginnings_36
on 10/15/08 1:33 pm - PA

Dating? What's that? I think you are speaking a foreign language! LMAO

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA