OT: Dating after WLS...

sbrunell
on 10/14/08 1:13 pm - Bensalem, PA
I will try to keep myself brief...but it's not just you ladies who have this problem.
I recall an instance in college when  a woman said to me "I find you very attractive". I looked around to find out who was putting her up to it. I eventually found it was no one, and I found out she was married, and we became friendly, but never did anything other than eat lunch together (I promise)

I felt that if I had been with a woman who was cheating, I would never be able to trust my wife. Plus I also had the belief, if she is willing to sleep w/ me, what's wrong w/ her.

That insecurity is going away, but I do not plan on changing my current relationship. But i figure, if she fell in love w/ me fat, it must be real.....and I suckered her pretty good!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

CherylT
on 10/14/08 10:11 pm - Perkasie, PA
Yeah....my ex husband is more respectful to me now that I have divorced him, and now he yells at his fiance. He thinks so little of himself that he can't respect someone who is with him. Not that I am saying that is what you are saying.....I'm just making a side comment, a segway.

zoeyriv
on 10/15/08 3:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
I planned on just focusing on me this year (had my WLS) in Feb but I started dating in May. I dated the same guy thru the end of the summer. He knew about my surgery right off the bat. Some people are jerks and negative about it but I dont feel I have anything to be ashamed of so I let people know right away. Since the summer fling has ended I have been out a few times. For the most part people are really great once they hear about the surgery.

Happy dating!!!
Nubianlilly
on 10/15/08 5:41 am - PA
I don't even know if you'll see this since i'm way down at the bottom of the list lol, But  I've done a lot of dating recently.  My whole approach to the opposite sex is completely different than it ever was before.  I feel sexy and hot so I can't really help but express that.

I didn't wait. I started daiting almost immediately.  The thing that bothers me is that people keep asking me if I'm on crack or something cause i'm losing weight so fast.

I say go out and have a good time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views