WTF is wrong with me!

lizziebug
on 10/14/08 5:17 am - Bristol, PA
Slow eating is the hardest thing for me too. I will try & be good from now on after that story!
~Liz
CherylT
on 10/14/08 5:18 am - Perkasie, PA

Nah you're not a freak. I still eat too fast and drink before I'm supposed to. Very hard to change. I have had many times when I wish I could throw up, but I only actually have a couple of times. Once was just over a little glass of milk, completely unusual. Esther just wasn't having it.

;)

GD_007
on 10/14/08 5:43 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Ya - nice story. 

I cannot say that, or any type of dumping experience, has happened to me yet...I'm starting to wonder if Marymore actually did the surgury or just pulled out a Sharpie and drew a red line on my stomach......

-GD
Laureen S.
on 10/14/08 6:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Mel,

I've been an occasional member of the bonehead club, though I've gotten pretty good at remembering to always keep a protein bar handy, I throw one in my purse and I keep healthy snacks such as peanuts/almonds, soy crisps or beef jerky in the car for those times I'm really on the go, which is like every weekend, it keeps me from getting to that point of food scarfery and
, it certainly is not fun when we lose the contents of our pouch that way.

Hugs, Laureen 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

tammypa
on 10/14/08 6:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Linda Blair,
I have not thrown up - but I have wished that I could. I prayed to God to please let me throwup,
but to no avail.
It is just uncomfortable for a couple of hours until the huge lump passes through.
I think I may be dying - but at last it is over, until I do something stupid again. 
I guess eating was like a contest for me before - see how fast and how much I could shovel in.
It is hard to get past all of those  years.
You are not alone.
Tammy

jackie j
on 10/14/08 6:50 am - Glenmoore, PA
Oh Thank YOu for the graphics and the laugh!    I think you're kids were mortified because they Knew Mommy could hurl further than they could....you go girl!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

oobiebus
on 10/14/08 7:01 am - pottstown, PA
Count me in on the bonehead club,I try so hard to eat slowly and think that i actually am eating slow and OH THAT FEELING<<

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Pam Hart
on 10/14/08 7:42 am - Easton, PA
I'm almost a year out.  And last weekend I spent a good amount of time spitting up phlegm and blowing my nose and dry heaving cause I ate to fast.

You're not alone!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 10/14/08 8:11 am
I'm right there with the rest of you.  Believe it or not, sometimes I'm so hungry I forget for a minute that I even had the surgery, but Miss Prissy Pouch reminds me every time!
Eileen

JoAnn C.
on 10/14/08 9:29 am - PA
Thank you for making me laugh.  I probably will have the same happen to me.  I havent had surgery yet but will be November 3rd.  I have always been a fast eater.  I am trying to slow it down.  My big problem will be drinking slower. 

At least I know it happens to others and I wont be alone.
JoAnn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views