Okay I wasn't adequately prepared for this....

jackie j
on 10/14/08 7:07 am - Glenmoore, PA
Add folic acid 800 mcg and zinc 50mg to your supplements each day and this will slow down the fallout and promote new growth.    Hair loss usually begins slowing down in the 7th month.   The 5th and 6th are scary though.   Use as little "product" as possible and try to only wash 2-3X a week, not everyday.   The less manipulation the better.   Do not get any perms for a while as it will fry your hair.  If its long, trimming to the shoulder might look nicer as it will appear thicker and the less weight on the hair shaft the better. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/08 7:21 am
Laura,

It happens and my hair is all over my house these days with it being blonde I feel it not see it. I am ot too worried but to help I wa**** every 3rd day now and use a product line called Samy Fat hair to help make it thicker. Matter a fact I got the tip from Karen aka Bubble. It is a little pricey but so worth it!
Pam Hart
on 10/14/08 7:40 am - Easton, PA
Laura,

My hair loss started at about 4 mos and lasted till about 8 mos.  It was definately noticeable to me when I styled my hair, but not to many other people, except if I blew it out straight.  And I have super fine thin hair to begin with (the curls help hide that fact)

Some suggest biotin.  I started taking it 6 weeks out and continued till about 5 mos - but it obviously wasn't helping me and I didn't want the extra pills to swallow.

I haven't read all of the responses - I know susan used a special shampoo that she swears by.  I'm sure she can let you know what it is.

It will stop, you will NOT be bald.  In the meantime....try not to overly bru****  Try not to use a lot of heated styling things such as a blow dryer curling iron, straightener etc as that can make the hair brittle.  Try not to keep it pulled back as that puts stress on the roots.

I do suggest getting it cut and a new style.  I waited till about 7 mos for that - and lemme tell you - almost the day after I noticed much less hair falling out. I think my hair was unhealthy to begin with - and cutting away a lot of the dead stuff helped.  Then again - it could have just been coincidence.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dolores O.
on 10/14/08 8:21 am
L,
It will stop.  I knew going into this process I would lose my hair.  So when i started I didn't cry, freak out, etc.

I just shrugged and dealt with it.  It's stopped for the most part now and I'm happy.

It will grow back.  Just make sure you get your protein in.  I think this is why mine wasn't so bad. 

Dolores~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views