Yooooo...PHILLY!.....It's RON LESTER

oobiebus
on 10/14/08 7:07 am, edited 10/14/08 7:07 am - pottstown, PA
Dolores O.
on 10/14/08 8:37 am, edited 10/15/08 2:53 am
Don't run away...we promise we won't bite
It is such an honor to have you here. 

Ohhhh how I wish you could have come to the Philly Event a few weeks ago.  I would have loved to meet you!

I wonder if you could come to our Pilgrimage in May....*sends Dennis and Shauna an email*

Hope to talk with you soon.

Dolores~

RonLester
on 10/14/08 9:31 am
Thanks for having me here! Don't worry I wasn't going to run away!
I was talking with someone already today about the pilgrimage and that  I wouldn't mind being there. I would need more info of course.
How are you doing? Hope all is well!
Cheers'
Ronnie
Dennis Belk
on 10/15/08 3:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Ron,
You've done a great job with the journey. Welcome to the board.
I'm one of the co-coordinators of what's become known as the "PA Pilgrimage".

The PA Pilgrimage is a 3 day weekend event. It's a retreat for weight loss surgery patients of all types and stages. It's for pre-ops, it's for patients and their spouses, friends and supporters. Most of all it's a chance for us to get together and share what we know, learn what's new, listen to the experienced, spend time with health professionals in the field, learn to expand our lives and grow like we never dreamed of before, and have a great time doing all of this together. The event has blossomed from it's infant beginnings in June of 2006. Shauna Dhoble (shaunainharleysville on OH) is the founder of the event. It was her original idea to get members from the Obesity Help Pennsylvania message forum together in one place to meet and share their journeys together. Offer support, education, knowledge and learn to navigate the challenges we all face as bariatric patients. It's a huge opportunity for sharing so much and we all benefit greatly. Everytime. 

Our first Pilgrimage (June 2006) was held in Chambersburg, PA where Shauna and I met with 8 patients. Our last Pilgrimage held in Lancaster, PA earlier this year attracted over 100 at it's height. We offer speakers (health professionals & motivational), various activities that promote the healthy lifestyle, support groups for pre-op and post-op patients and their supporters, contests, raffles, awards, night-life, etc. It's a full weekend all geared toward helping WLS patients to gain and maintain their "successing".

We're beginning to plan our next event (#6) for next spring. We're considering the Poconos this time but it's all still in the early planning stages. I'll be sure to foward info to you as we finalize and establish the dates. Many of the members here have attended the PA Pilgrimage and they've come away wanting more. If your schedule allows it, we'd love to have you join us.

All the best to you,

Dennis

Your PA Pilgrimage Co-Coordinators are:
Shauna Dhoble, Cheryl Schulman, Heather Thomas & Dennis Belk. We look forward to bringing you the next event in May 2009. 
sbrunell
on 10/14/08 12:57 pm - Bensalem, PA
Beth,
I presume you will be at the meeting tomorrow nite at Barix....tell you what, if I bring the cool whip, would wear the bikini....

I have a dirty mind, and Mrsbrunell would slap me if I made a suggestion as to how to get the whipped cream off.....Use your imagination.

PERVERT!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/08 9:21 pm
You need to use that whip creme with your wife..Not me because if I don't want one of my own I sure as hell don't  want anyone else's husband.
bubble273
on 10/15/08 1:58 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the PA boards!!  It's great to see you posting here. 

And who could forget Billy Bob!!!  That movie was awesome.  I've probably seen it 20 times.  It's just one of those movies that you can do that.

I'm glad to see you well.  You have done such an amazing job and I hope that you're very proud of yourself for making this life-changing decision.  I know I am proud of myself.  And I wouldn't change it for the world.  There's a world out there that I've never seen before and I am finally starting to see it for the first time.  AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Take good care of yourself.  And definitely try to get to Philly in the future.  We would love to have you.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views