Dumping or virus??

retta0426
on 10/12/08 11:18 am - Middletown, PA
Everything I eat, since this past Friday, seems to go right through me. Not sure why. I seem to be ok, but within about ten minutes of eating, I'm running to the bathroom. It doesn't really matter what I eat, yesterday was my usual grilled chicken salad, with low fat dressing on the side. (I usually have this every Saturday on my lunch break at the studio, everyone else gets pizza, I get salad) I'm not running a temp, I feel ok otherwise, and as soon as I am done in the bathroom, my stomach seems to be ok again. So, what's up with my pouch?? If it's not better by tomorrow, I guess I go to the walk in clinic, since it's a holiday and the doctors office will be closed for the day. I hate going, especially if it's dumping and not a virus. I have been watching what I ea****ching the sugar intake, the fat intake, everything I'm supposed to be doing, but for some reason, my pouch is irritable. :(
Patricia R.
on 10/12/08 1:43 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Loretta,
I am right there with you, but I believe mine is due to a nasty antibiotic I have been on.  I was nauseous all day yesterday, and spent a lot of time in the bathroom.  I looked up the antibiotic and one of the side effects is diarrhea.  I am calling my doc tomorrow.  I doubt he takes Columbus Day off.  Labor Day and Memorial Day, yes, but I think he is in tomorrow. 

I hope you feel better. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

keri2008
on 10/12/08 9:47 pm - PA
It sounds like something you definitely want to talk to your doc about but I also know that this is a tough time of year for regular tummies (season change) much less our pouches.  Can you switch to full liquids or just soft foods until you speak with the doc?  Might give the pouch a rest and a chance to "get over" what's upsetting it.  Just an idea.  Take care of yourself and let us know how it goes with the doc.

Keri
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/08 10:11 pm
It could be a virus.  I know the one or two I have had since surgery have been....weird.  I don't get full blown illnesses anymore and they are so unusual that I am, like you, not sure if its an illness or a prissy pouch.  I have learned to ride them out.  I don't even get full blown colds anymore...everything kind of lingers, comes and goes, but never turns into what anyone else has.  If it continues, you might want to see your doctor.  Hope you feel better soon.

HG
joldaker
on 10/13/08 2:11 am - West Bradford, PA
I went through this last week. It took about 4 days to pass and I am fine now.

I do suggest that you call your doc though. I would hate to tell you what happened to me and it be something else with you and get you into trouble.

Cant hurt to give em a call
Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
BuCwiLd
on 10/13/08 11:08 am - pocono lake, PA
whatever it may be, i hope you get better :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views