question for plastic"s patients

bcutekitty
on 10/12/08 10:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning!my approval is in front of the nurse right now should know by Wed,but she told me that it is in for a out-patient (tummy tuck)i never heard of you going home the same day and another thing i want to do this Dec.15 only casue i work for a school teacher and she will be off the following week for 2wks so that gives me 3wks,but do you think that gives me enough time to feel alittle better before xmas,keep in mind i dont have little children(16,19,21)i stay home xmas eve we have some family come over which i have my mom to help then xmas day to sistes for dinner?thanks everybody iam excited and scared

Arlene E.
on 10/13/08 1:52 am - Philadelphia, PA

hi Kim

What surgeon are you going to?  Curious, cause I am visiting my second one today for consult.  I was told by first, no coverage for tummy tuck, only hernia.  And  I do think they can do it out patient, but some places send you to a recovery center ( hotel ).

Good Luck

arlene 

jdruski
on 10/13/08 5:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Arlene,

Do you have medical reasons for needing the tummy tuck?  I used Francine Cedrone and she takes insurance but in my case it was a panni, with a hernia.  She didn't do the hernia, but she did a panni, mons reconstruction and some tightening.  I am about 80 lbs from goal and the surgery I had was considered " reconstructive".  Give her a call.  I have had two plastics surgeries at PA hospital with two different surgeons.

She also works out of the Main LIne.

Jeanne
bcutekitty
on 10/13/08 9:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
DR.William Scarlett he works out of 3placed Frankford/Torresdale,Bucks County Street rd.and St.Mary which is where i will have mine,iam just waiting to hear from insurance which it is in the nurses hands right now and i calld them today they sd go home the same day

jdruski
on 10/13/08 5:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kim,

Congratulations I am soooooo happy for you.  They call them out-patient but the chances are that you will stay overnight and go home the next day.  My first panni went like that.

As far as time off, I remember the PS told me at least 5 weeks, but you will see how you feel and go from there.  I had complications and was home 10 weeks.

Please let me know how you make out, this is really exciting news.

Jeanne
Donna Heller
on 10/13/08 11:51 pm - Warrington, PA
You will be soooo happy you got it done! I had mine done about a year ago.  It was outpatient. I had it done by Dr. Bret Garber, and insurance didn't cover it. Well worth every dime!!  I do have to admit though it is a tough recovery. I was told to wait to have it done until I lost most of the weight. You will do GREAT. I was back to work in 3 weeks sore, but did ok.
Good luck
Donna
bcutekitty
on 10/14/08 12:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
What insurance do you have?and what was there reasons,i have repeating rashes iam keeping my fingers crossed dont have that kind of money to put out right now

Donna Heller
on 10/14/08 6:44 am - Warrington, PA
I had personal choice. They said it was cosmetic. The only way they would pay is if you can prove that the excess skin is causing discomfort, such as rashes or something like that under it, Or if the skin hangs down so far that it is not considered cosmetic. They may cover just having the excess skin removed, but not abdominalplasty.
Donna
bcutekitty
on 10/14/08 10:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
yea i turned in 3months of doctors notes from going to my family doctor with rashes so fingers crossed

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views