Barix Post-Op Meeting, Wed. Oct. 15th

Dennis Belk
on 10/12/08 11:23 pm, edited 10/15/08 4:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
That's right Everyone,
Susan posted about the pre-op meeting earlier and we'll have the post-op meeting the next night.  This week we have back to back support in the lobby at Barix Clinics.
Susan will meet and lead Barix pre-ops (and those interested in having surgery there) on Tuesday night at 7.
I will meet and lead our post-op group for our monthly gathering on Wednedsay night at 7.
Susan and I look forward to seeing Everyone this month as always.  We're also looking forward to telling you a little bit more about the Barix First Saturday meeting developments. They are moving along well and should be starting very soon. We will be talking more about it in the coming weeks and we'll be looking for more of your thoughts and ideas. 
So this week it will be two nights, Tuesday and Wednesday and we'll be looking to see you, hear you and be with you. 

See ya there,

Dennis Belk
Post-Op SG Leader
Langhorne, PA   
bcutekitty
on 10/12/08 11:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
See you Wed with bells on and another things remember we discussed stalls at Augusts meeting well i listened to everybodys advise and finally broke it woo hoo!!!!!!! down 5pds!!!!!!!!!!!! in the 160"s Dennis do you believe it!!!!now just waiting on insurance approval!!!!keep the fingers and toes crossed for me

Dennis Belk
on 10/13/08 10:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Fantastic Kim!
Great job!
See ya there.
Andy Kovatch
on 10/13/08 12:36 am - York, PA
Hey Dennis,
Just wanted to let you know that as much as I want to be at the meeting Wednesday - and trust me, I've been looking forward to it since last month's meeting, I won't be there this month.  Don't worry, I'm not falling off that wagon again.  Just the opposite, in fact.  I'm doing well for the first time in a while.

The thing is, as a HUGE Philadelphia sports fan, I just don't get the opportunity to enjoy baseball in October too often (15 years ago was the last time) and the Phillies will be playing the Dodgers in game 5 of their NLCS playoff series Wednesday night beginning at 8:22 pm.  With an almost 2 hour drive there and back, I'd miss the entire game.  I'm doing fine bud, so don't worry about me.  In fact, after last month's meeting I was going to surprise everybody and run the Baltimore half marathon this past weekend after all.  I trained hard for it, but when I went to register, the event was sold out and the waiting list has over 300 people on it.

I'm actually going to be doing the Philadelphia Marathon at the end of November, giving me even more time to get ready for it.  As of now I'm looking to run the actual marathon (26.2 miles), but I'm also a realist.  If I'm not up to that distance by then, I'm allowed to switch to the half marathon.  Either way, you and the rest of the gang have me back on track and I thank you.  I'll see you all next month, as it will be just days before my big race.  Take care my good friend.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

BuCwiLd
on 10/13/08 1:01 am - pocono lake, PA
where is this meeting held?

Geisenger WLS support forum
bubble273
on 10/13/08 1:11 am - Levittown, PA
It's at the Barix Clinics in Langhorne.  A very long drive for you.  But there are people that drive about your distance to be at the meeting.  So if you ever feel the need for support and would like to take a drive to Langhorne one day, by all means come.

Take care.

Karen

Dennis Belk
on 10/13/08 10:32 pm, edited 10/13/08 11:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Like Karen said, it is a long haul for you. There are Stroudsburg meetings on the last Wed. of the month at the Eastern Monroe Public Library on Rt. 611 & Chipperfield at 7P. I sometimes make those meetings. I'm coming from just south of you in Brodheadsville, it's about 100 miles, but I gotta be there. These are my people, my family. 
You are welcome to join us to check out the magic.

Dennis 
Dennis Belk
on 10/13/08 10:54 pm, edited 10/13/08 10:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Yo Andy,
Just keep moving forward and do what you know to be right.
Every good thing will fall into place.

Dennis

bubble273
on 10/13/08 1:14 am, edited 10/13/08 1:14 am - Levittown, PA
Hey Dennis,

I'm coming with my bells on too, Papa Belk!!!  I'll be a week short of celebrating my 1-year surgiversary.  My surgery was October 22, 2007.  So I'm bringing the fat clothes and my album to share with everyone.  And if it's okay, I would like to say a few words.

Also, Eileen, Laureen and Pam will be celebrating their 1-years also!!!  Woooooohooooooo, ladies!!!

Cya Wednesday.

Karen

Dennis Belk
on 10/13/08 11:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Karen, Tammy & Rachel,
Looking forward to seeing you!

Papa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!