Hormones ladies???!!!

keri2008
on 10/11/08 10:02 pm - PA
Sorry to all you gentleman, don't think this applies to you in quite the same way! 

Okay so I had the ups and downs of nerves and the like prior to surgery.  AND I knew that I would have some fluctuations post op.  But wow.  I find myself oscillating at at varying speeds on a daily basis between irritability, weepiness, sadness and anger.  Sometimes I can find a trigger and sometimes I can't.  My "medication" for those states is gone (FOOD) so I know that some of it is present stuff but I also know that as I am losing the fat these hormones are being released into my system so it may be "past" stuff.  HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST???????? !!!!!!!!!!  ROFL.  I am keeping my sense of humor (most of the time) but Dear God.    And after attempting to process and deal with all of that, I then get to try to process and deal with the "voices" (not schizophrenic ones - well, maybe they are???) telling me I'm being a baby, tighten up, stop being a wimp, etc., etc...........ad nauseum.  Oh, and indecisiveness.  I'll quadruple think everything I decide on and try to rationalize for it being right, then wrong, then right, then wrong, then..........Okay then.  Enough about me.  Please share!!!!!

Breathing deeply,
Keri
J. M.
on 10/11/08 10:21 pm
you're post sounds like something i'd write if i had to do an "All About Me" summary of myself.  LOL.

I dont know mine is WLS related or not, but I've been one big hormonal mess throughout my first year...and still a little now (because i tried to back on the pill...again...then pulled myself off...again).

hang in there.   my therapy sessions are working wonders to help with this. unfortunately, i am also medicating with food again....hence, why im still in therapy.   ugh.

~ Jen   

sbrunell
on 10/12/08 2:22 am - Bensalem, PA
I think I am pretty stable, but the weight loss-hormone combo has done things to ppl I know. Waiting on a result.

If I won't get slapped for this, hormone issues with you gals seem to be really hard to understand....the idea of worse or better don't really seem to exist....it just kinda is. It's like the exact opposite of Zen.

Waiting for the expected slap...should I say Ouch now?
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 10/12/08 2:42 am - Easton, PA
The first couple of weeks I was really bad...then it evened out.  Except for that time of the month. I am an angry crying mess that week.  I can't make decisions, I am exhausted beyond belief...the wind blowing in the wrong direction can make either cry for hours or yell and scream at mother nature.   Actually - normally it's the yelling first and then I start to cry because I feel bad that I got angry at nothing...it's ridiculous.

Hang in there - and tell the ones you love to not mind the psycho path they are currently living with - she will be gone soon enough.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 10/12/08 4:05 am - Allegan, MI
Keri,

I am just two days ahead of you, and I can totally relate!  I haven't had the anger so much, but I have really felt the weepiness and sadness, and although I know it's 100% hormonal, the feelings are still there and they feel very real!!!

The good part for me in all this is that I have suffered from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) for years, and I was told that I would get some relief when I lost weight, and even with the amount I've lost so far, I have gotten some relief.  Just this week I got my first unmedicated period in almost 10 years.  Sorry if that is TMI, but for me I see it as a kind of victory -- so if the raging hormones mean I am getting healthier, then so be it!

You're right -- you are definitely keeping your sense of humor during all this.  I am trying to do the same too!

Lesley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views