****Saturday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 10/10/08 3:59 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone.
I cannot sleep, again.  Tooth pain and anxiety are plaguing me tonight.  I am so thrilled with the Phillies game.  I did not get to see it because of my appointment, but I did listen to it on the radio while driving.  I almost wrecked my car a few times getting excited. 

Saturday has me draggin my tired butt to the hospital to work.  After that, I must get home and do some tidying.  I am such a slob at times.  Or is it just lazy?  Either way, the cats don't help clean, so I must do it instead.

I hope everyone has a terrific day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 10/10/08 6:25 pm - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!

Good Morning Trish and fellow posters!

I'm EXHAUSTED!  Work has me overwhelmed these days.  I've been doing my department manager job and filling in for our receiver that's always sick.  The OT has been nice but I'm really starting to get run down.  All I want to do is sleep and that just isnt happening.  He is supposed to be back on Monday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I look forward to spending the entire day in my department and not have to worry about receiving.

I had my first flu shot Thursday.  I thought with the surgery coming up it would be best to prevent me getting the flu.   I have been feeling a little weird ever since.  I'm achy, my joints hurt and my stomach feels icky.  Not sure if that is from the flu shot or if its from me being over worked.  Maybe both!

I finished my last lifestyle class on Wednesday and I'm waiting to hear if I get insurance approval.  (Keeping fingers and toes crossed)

Today I go in at 5AM for receiving. (This is my day off) I will work till 1:30 and then shop and come home.  I'm hoping to get some rest today.  Not sure its going to happen.

I hope you all have a great day!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Patricia R.
on 10/10/08 8:15 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Diane,
Be sure you are getting in all your vitamins.  Also, have you ever tried Airborne, which helps build up the immune system?  It is pretty good.  It is vitamins and herbs.

Also, if and when you can, try taking mini breaks, like power naps if possible.  They help too.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

keri2008
on 10/10/08 7:58 pm - PA
Hello all PA Posters!

Trish, sorry you're still feeling crappy AND had anxiety.  You're due for some relaxation and good times!

Diane, wow, I don't know how you're getting up eveyday and doing that grueling schedule!  Please take care of you!

Today finds me immersed in International Business Law homework.  YAY me! (NOT).  Cleaning off my desk as it has reached the overly cluttered stage (as compared to overwhelmingly sloppy and nasty).  Maybe I should change my address and they won't send me mail anymore?

Had my six week with Dr. Boe yesterday.  I guess I'm doing "great."  It all feels all surreal though.  Like it's happening to me but it's not.  Weird. 

Keeping all my things crossed (eyes, fingers, toes, arms) that I get done with homework and can go to Longwood Gardens tomorrow and enjoy the weather and get some major walking in.

Hope all have a great weekend.

k
retta0426
on 10/10/08 10:17 pm - Middletown, PA
Good morning everyone,
Today has me going to my part time weekend job until around 7 tonight. Tonight my niece is supposed to take me to get a pedicure done, but I'm not sure I'll be in the mood to go, all will depend on how tired I am once I get off work.
I was supposed to get some of my cleaning done while my daughter and granddaughter are away, but guess what? I haven't done a lick of it and honestly I have no desire to get it done right now. I'm supposed to be off work on Monday from both jobs, so I figure I can get it done then.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Pam Hart
on 10/10/08 10:35 pm - Easton, PA
Hey Trish and Pa,

I am in a much better mood than yesterday - all be it tired as all get out.  I didn't go to bed till after 5p yesterday - which left about 4 hours of sleeping time before getting up and heading into work where I spent most of the night freezing.  To the point where I "borrowed" some things to keep me warm....including those stockings they put on you to help prevent blood clots, a long sleeved t shirt w/ our slogan on it (we keep them for patients who are discharged and for whatever reason don't have clothes to go home in), slipper socks which I put on OVER the stockings AND my socks....and a heated blanket when I wasn't in patients rooms.  This was of course over my shirt I had on under my scrubs, my scrub top, and my scrub jacket.

Today I am busy.  I already cleaned out my car which looked like I lived out of it.  I'm checking the boards and eating right now.  Then it will be off to run some errands including the post office, the car wash (I figure it is a car now, perhaps I can get the interior to look like someone other than a slob drives the car), and maybe the food store.  I also want to see if I can get a walk in hair appointment as I desperately need a cut....and will probably have them blow it out for me.

After all that I hope to lay down around noon and sleep till about 5.  Generally speaking I wouldn't nap so long on my day off - but tonight I am going out with almost all of my co workers for dinner and then out to a club for some dancing.  I have a new dress I bought on our Maryland trip that I can't wait to wear (also why I want my hair done today...) so odds are I will be out most of the night and well, my whopping four hours of sleep yesterday won't hold me that long.  I'm pretty excited about tonight!

I don't know how much computer time I will have tomorrow...when I wake up I need to pack a bag and make some phone calls and what not then headed over to a friends house where we will grab a quick bite to eat and head down to AC in the evening as we have a class all day monday and tuesday....hubby is staying home and I must admit that with all the stress I am looking fwd to a few days away.  Is that mean?  I hope not.  It's been rough waters here lately, and I'm to blame as well....so I think it will be nice to just get away (even though I will be working my tail off in the class).  I don't get home till sometime Tuesday evening.

Enjoy your weekend!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 10/11/08 1:03 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - beautiful day out there - went for a long walk this morning with the dog, came back and had a protein shake, started laundry and packing for my trip - its been a busy morning, but a good one. Thought I'd take a quick break and check the boards to see how everybody's doing.

So GO PHILLIES!! Wow, that game rocked last night - we had a houseful of people and were watching in my hubby's sports den - multiple TV's so everybody could see the game. We had a great time - late night, but went well.

Need to go finish packing for my cruise - hope the weather on that is a beautiful as it is here today. Hope you all have a good week - talk to you when I return!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views