It's been a good day!

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/08 1:06 pm
I ran a 13:20 mile tonight!!  I haven't done that since my 20's.  I know its not the fastest time possible, but in august I was only running a 15:50 mile.  I haven't even done any running since then, so I don't know how I improved that much, but I am not going to argue either!

Does any one know what a "decent" time is for a mile?? 

HG
Patricia R.
on 10/10/08 1:24 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Heather,
You ran a mile, period.  That is great, in my book.  I can't run for physical reasons.  I must do low impact stuff, like the elliptical. 

Anywho, you did not ask about me.  My daughter was a cross country runner in high school, and she ran the mile on the track teams.  I don't remember her mile times, but I do remember her time on the 3.1 mile course in cross country was around 22 minutes.  Of course, she was a teenager, and trained by running 10 miles a day when she was at her peak. 

My theory on stuff like this is just try to better yourself, and keep doing it consistently.

Keep up the great work.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/08 4:09 am
Wow...a 22 minutes 5K is awesome....good for her! 
keri2008
on 10/10/08 7:52 pm - PA
Way to run!  Improving your time by two minutes in such a short period of time is great, and who cares why?  ROFL.  I know that the average for a mile is about 10 minutes (in general).  It's something to shoot for but more important to do what Trish said and compare where you've been.  Competing against yourself is the best!  I bet I could "run" (HA) that time if the first number was for days (13 days, 20 hours).  ROFL. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/08 4:10 am
You're right, Keri....competing against yourself is the best.  It is what works for me.  I am not real competitive with others, but damn, am I competitve with myself. 

hg
Pam Hart
on 10/10/08 10:38 pm - Easton, PA
I remember in HS trying to get down a 9 minute mile.  I think 10 is a very good average - that would be a 5k in about 30 minutes which is awesome.

I think 13:20 is a fantastic time, especially for not doing it much lately.

You are having one hell of a week there, woman!!  Keep up the GREAT work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/08 4:12 am
Thanks Pam....Yep, life is good.  I am going back to the gym tonight to see if I can better it...even if by 1 second.  Of course, it could have been a fluke and I could be  back up to over 15 mintues...so we will see.
bethmal
on 10/11/08 12:36 am
RNY on 12/26/17
CONGRATS ~  A 13:20 miles is fantastic!!  I don't think I can do a 13 minute mile.  I think the average is 10 minutes - but who cares?  You are inspiring me Heather, to work harder.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/08 4:14 am
Thanks, Beth!  I have started kicking everything up a knotch...I want to lose 39 pounds by Thursday when I see Dr. Brader for my 2 year follow up.  Actually, I would be happy with 2 pounds LOL
Pam Hart
on 10/11/08 4:36 am - Easton, PA
You almost had to buy me a new computer miss heather for making me spit crystal lite all over my screen from laughing......

And exactly how much karate would that take anyway??

Don't go by numbers...wear your cute little tank top and small jacket and look awesome for Brader!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views