Exercise thread. Where's Laura?

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/08 10:42 pm - Eastern, PA
In for 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning, will re-visit the gym over lunch for some weight training!

Who else is moving their butt today?
Mary Benford
on 10/7/08 10:52 pm - Emmaus, PA
I did crunch yoga dvd again this morning....   and I'm running around the office in 5 inch heels....    That's gotta count for something!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Shannon O.
on 10/7/08 11:31 pm - Reading, PA
5 inch heels... you are crazy!!! If I tried that I would have both legs in a cast because I lack grace in that area lol...

Shannon O.
on 10/7/08 11:32 pm - Reading, PA
I was planning on going to the gym to do the yoga/pilates class but everyone on the exercise board has pretty much ragged on it saying that it is crap don't do it... so I still want to go to the gym... not sure what I am going to do once I get there lol...

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/08 11:49 pm - Eastern, PA
I've actually been meaning to get back to you.

I saw how much you were doing yoga/pilates, and was thinking you might want to transition out of it a bit and migrate to more intense cardio stuff like the treadmill, bike, or elliptical.

And like I said before, I am not an expert, but if you're doing an activity for 20-30 minutes, and it doesn't raise your heart and breathing rate significantly, then it's probably not doing much for you other than stretching and marginally building up musculature.

Cardio is king in my book. I think it should be the backbone of a weight loss regimen.
Mary Benford
on 10/7/08 11:54 pm - Emmaus, PA
I'm a big fan of my crunch yoga dvd...   really it's a great cardio workout mixed with regular yoga.   it gets my heart racing, and keeps me moving...    regular yoga helped tone me up a lot..    but i needed that cardio push as well.    You should look into it a bit.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Shannon O.
on 10/8/08 7:37 am - Reading, PA
where did you find that dvd?

Laureen S.
on 10/7/08 11:42 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Gym tonight, warm-up on elliptical, weight training and then cardio for as long as I can hold out, I am sooo tired today. . .

Have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Andy Kovatch
on 10/8/08 12:02 am - York, PA
Training for the Philadelphia Marathon is in full swing and I'll be hitting the pavement for 10 miles of road work today, as well as spending time in the gym working more on my core area, chest, back and shoulders with free weights.  The gym has fabulous equipment for ab and lower back work and I've been taking full advantage of it.  Nothing like a nice tight ab area.  Only if I could get my plastics covered so the six-pack could actually show a little more.  Oh well, in time I guess.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/08 1:40 am, edited 10/8/08 3:26 am
I will be throwing clay tonight in pottery class...not really exercise, but its better than sitting in front of the TV.  I have started taking Karate and took classes the last two nights.  I committed myself to a years worth of classes, so you all better stay on my good side  It's a great work out although I am a bit brused and battered.  I will get to the gym tomorrow night. 

hg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views