For those who have asked about the move....

Pam Hart
on 10/8/08 1:33 am - Easton, PA
I am greatly appreciative of all of those who have contacted me about moving and what we need help with.

The day of the move we are covered.  We have movers moving the majority of the stuff, my parents definately coming, potentially one or both of my brothers (I would be surprised, though) and potentially my in laws (ok this is more of a hinderance than a help as my father in law is having trouble walking and my MIL cannot bend, stand for any length of time, and cannot reach her arms above her shoulders...)

I have a friend coming in from Fleetwood on Sunday.  I have had a few other offers of people who are interested in coming over on Sunday as well from this wonderful support group.

My place is NOT that big - but we welcome all with open arms.  Even if you just want to stop by and say hi - there is NO NEED for people to feel obligated to come over to help unpack. 

If you are interested in stopping by and/or unpacking just try to give me a heads up.  I will try to have some WLS friendly snacks available and some bottled water and what not...but if you want to bring something as well, feel free.

There will be an official house warming party at some point, hopefully before the Christmas season....so there will be opportunities for people to come over and just visit.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 10/8/08 1:40 am - Easton, PA
Pam - I'll be around if you need anything - just give a call, you have my numbers! Look forward to seeing you new place and we'll have to coordinate November's meeting so you can come! My month is pretty open with the exception of the week before thanksgiving and the weekend after.

I'll be happy to stop up and help you unpack at any time though!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 10/8/08 2:02 am - Easton, PA
Yes, I have your numbers, thanks for the offer.

I believe that for at least for the first four weeks I will be working days and only M-F, no weekends...so I have a feeling that November won't matter as far as support groups go.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 10/8/08 1:54 am
I don't think I'll be stopping by but wanted to wish you good luck!
Eileen

dit657
on 10/8/08 3:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
My moving days are over, kid - quit that stuff many years ago and went with movers - just the packing and unpacking is enough!! Moving is always so stressful, so just take care of you and hubby and the rest will work out. Movers are a wonderful thing and well worth the money. And it really is hard to help someone unpack because they're not going to put things where you would, etc. The last time I moved a good friend came up and I put her to work cleaning the glass on the curios and hutch, and wiping out the cabinets - stuff like that - and she was my legs going up and down the steps to the basement because that's when I was at my highest weight and steps were not my friend.

Best of luck to you with the move - you'll be exhausted, but the new job and new location will keep you excited. A woman I work with lives in Emmaus and loves it - hopefully you will too!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views