1 Month Ago Today

Marlo71
on 10/8/08 1:25 am - Harrisburg, PA
I was just coming out of surgery!  Wow, what a month it has been for me!  I still cant believe I really went through with it!  I had a rough time, for my little wussy self!  Went to the Emergency Room once for massive pain and got some nice muscle relaxers....lol  Then tried to go back to work and got really sick. I was so miserable for days and then finally the Dr. put me on Carafate and that seems to help, (I'm still on it).  But I had to go back to full liquids and now I'm starting over with soft foods again.  Thats been a challenge, I still get a little sick when I eat certain things.  But I feel 100% better!!  i'm back to work now and getting back to normal.  I was so tired of being home and being sick and in pain!  But like everyone said..."it does get better"!   I am down 27 pounds and have lost several inches!   I'm starting to walk more now and we are doing a walking program at work so that helps too!  Well I definately learned alot about myself and what I could handle!  I do feel like a different person and it does take some getting used to the new changes in my life, but I am very excited for whats to come!   Thank you everyone for your advice and support as well!    I hope everyone has a great day!!
Happy 1 month to me!   LOL

-Marlo 

tanya72100
on 10/8/08 1:36 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Congrats to you!  Im about 6 weeks out and going strong. Keep up the great work!!

jojobear98
on 10/8/08 1:43 am - Gettysburg, PA
Woo Hoo! I am proud of you!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Pam Hart
on 10/8/08 2:03 am - Easton, PA
Congrats on the one month anniversary!  You've done an amazing job with all you have had to handle in the past month....great job!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shan08
on 10/8/08 2:21 am - the Skook, PA

Congratulations!  I'm happy to hear you're doing well :)

((hugs))

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Nicole0216
on 10/8/08 3:15 am - Lancaster, PA
I am so glad that things are getting better. I know it is hard to believe that it gets better.,
New_Beginnings_36
on 10/8/08 6:00 am - PA
Marlo - Glad to hear that everything is going well for you :) Happy 1 Month!!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
momma2
on 10/9/08 3:13 am - Harrisburg, PA
Congratulations Marlo on your first month....you are right we do learn a lot about ourselves during the stages of WLS...you are doing an amazing job....keep plugging away and each day will get better and before you kow it months will have passed....blessing for continued health and success....

Sheila

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/08 3:31 am
Happy one month to  you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views