UPMC For You

prettydee7
on 10/7/08 11:54 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Im in my 5th month of pre-op testing and diet.  My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 18th and Im becoming increasingly nervous about my approval...

Has anyone here had experience with UPMC For you and their approval that would be willing to give me some info?

Thank
Pam Hart
on 10/8/08 12:07 am - Easton, PA
I don't have any specifics on your insurance and have not dealt with them.

If you are interested, I can send you my insurance request letter.  It was written by a friend who got approved on the first shot, revised by me for my specific needs, and has been used by a few others on this board all who have gotten approved.  If your doctor is not real great at writing these types of letters (or has not done it on a consistent basis) I'll be glad to email it to you.  You could revise it to fit your situation and also include your 6 mos diet stuff and all of your documentation.

Remember, in most cases, documentation is EVERYTHING in this game so the more data you have to support your cause the more helpful it will be.  Letters of diagnosis from being obese from ob/gyn, respiratory, cardiac, diabetes, primary care doctors - whatever you have.

It is common to have this fear as we all cringe about getting approved....but if you play by their rules *generally* they work in your favor. 

Hang in there and congrats on being almost done w/ the pre approval requirements!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
prettydee7
on 10/8/08 12:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
jburgh
on 10/8/08 4:56 am
UPMC is a breeze...as long as you meet the criteria they need, you will be approved especially since you are using their hospital.  I have UPMC insurance and was approved in about 3 days once all paperwork was submitted.   Had my surgery at Magee. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views