Will I ever be good enough for me????

Pam Hart
on 10/7/08 11:36 am - Easton, PA
First of all, good luck on the interview tomorrow, I know how nerve wracking they can be. 

Secondly, I'm sure you look FABULOUS is that size 12 suit of yours.

No, you are not alone.  Yes, we understand.

I'm almost a year out.  There are times I see myself for how I look....but most of the time, I do not.  I have jeans in a size 2 and a size 4 and yet the other day I put them on along w/ a medium shirt and then immediately got changed because I looked "fat"  Brian just rolled his eyes and looked at me and said "how the hell do you look FAT when you are wearing a size 4???"  Uh, I don't know.  I just do.

It takes a very very very long time.   The moving process has been good to me, though.  I have found a maid of honors dress and my wedding dress (which was not preserved after the wedding).  They are ridiculously huge on me.  To the point where they don't even stay up because they are so big.  Again, Brian thinks its ridiculous that I even put them on.  But I needed something to help cement it in my head that no, I don't fit it that anymore (The wedding dress I actually contemplated that it might still fit, how bizarre)

I think many of us have issues w/ "being good enough" for ourselves.  We are our own worst critics.  We probably were our own worst critics before hand and now we know that we have tool and we expect ourselves to use it to the max. 

Hang in there.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 10/7/08 12:53 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Katie-girl!

As Pam says - good luck on the interview tomorrow.

Keep *this* on the back of your mind....one of the worlds all time sexiest and most famous models wore a size 12.  I'm talking about no other than:

Take it one day at a time and have a great interview!

-GD

tammypa
on 10/7/08 10:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
Best of luck with your interview!
We all now how wonderful you look and how much you have achieved - even if you don't
see it. We are all so hard on ourselves. Try to remember how you were at the beginning of
this journey. For example, I had a hard time just getting in and out of the car. 
You probably have similar things. If you can't see how great you look in the mirror, you can still
feel how different you are now.
I know you look great in that size 12!!
Tammy
GD_007
on 10/9/08 12:57 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
SO - tell us about the interview.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views