Philly OH event!

BlancheJackson
on 10/6/08 3:33 am - Butler, PA
Hey all!!   I'm not back home yet, but wanted to post and tell you all how much I enjoyed the event and meeting all of you!  It's funny that I was sitting at a table with people that I post with, and we didn't know it until I mentioned my son!!  

All in all it was a wonderful time and I can't wait for another opportunity to attend a function!  I think it has helped to motivate me and I certainly loved listening to everyone... most especially EggFace, Melting Mama and Ramon!!  What an inspiration!!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

tanya72100
on 10/6/08 4:08 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Blanche!! It was great meeting you!! I kept looking at you going.. I know her.. Finally it hit me!!

It was nice to meet you!!!

tracyb330
on 10/6/08 4:55 am - Temple, PA
It was so nice to meet you.  I am glad you were able to make it even though it was alone. I hope to see you in the spring at the next function.

Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
pennykid
on 10/7/08 11:59 am - PA
Tracy, what is the event in the Spring?  I had a great time in Philly, so I'm looking forward to more events.
Pam Hart
on 10/7/08 4:41 pm - Easton, PA
In the spring is the "Pa pilgramage" which is not an OH specific event.  It is founded by Shauna ("Shaunainharleysville" here on OH) and a large group of people including such inspirations such as Dennis.

The pilgramage started back when Shauna wanted to connect with people on the boards.  It started with about 6 people meeting a local pa hotel and just walking, talking, supporting etc.  It quickly grew into an event 2 times a year.

This past spring pilgramage was HUGE with over 100 attendees, guest speakers, a health and wellness fair, you name "we" had it (I helped plan very small portions of it with the group...)

Unfortunately this year it could not be done two times a year due to schedules and the OH event and it was decided that it would probably be better to have one large event done "right" as opposed to two events done half heartedly.

The group that runs it has officially been "incorporated" so it is a true not for profit organization called "LookinTaShrink" (which was Shauna's original screen name here on OH)....such a long long way from 6 people getting together for a few days.

Be sure to keep an eye on the boards, it will definately be listed.  We don't have a date as of yet as far as I am aware.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
pennykid
on 10/7/08 8:45 pm - PA
Thanks for the info, Pam!  It sounds like something I definitely don't want to miss!    

Julia
Liz R.
on 10/7/08 9:14 pm - Easton, PA
No date yet from what I have heard - just some time in may more then likely.

Pam has that summed up wonderfully - it is the event of the year - that's for sure!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 10/7/08 9:48 pm - Easton, PA
I like the way Liz put it - "the event of the year" which it most certainly is.  This past spring was the first one I was able to attend - and lemme tell you - the electricity in the air is simply AMAZING.  Definately don't want to miss it!  Apparantly at the OH event the leaders of OH who were there were spoken to about the event and show a strong interest in attending, which would be oh so awesome!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views