Foot in the mouth..

SPatel4
on 10/6/08 2:33 am - Levittown, PA

Okay so my work came up with Lose to Win challege. Its a 10 week weight loss something similar to The Biggest Loser Challenge. Most of my co-workers know about my WLS and have decided to make me the team leader for my team. My team consists of 6 people including myself. We are called the "LiteWeights" LOL anyway I am 156 today hoping to lose the last 25 pounds by Christmas. I don't want to disappoint anybody but any advise you guys can give me especially those who have hit their goal already my WLS date was 1/29/08. How do I lose this weight without counting calories like the Barix clinic NUTS told me??  I though I knew what I was doing but now I feel lost as they want me to track calories too. I exercise everyday at least an hour on the Elliptical and then 40 minutes walking on my lunch is this enough?? Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I wany to win this for my team and myself there is $200 grand prize of American Express Gift Card out of this for us. Oh and Wish me luck I am going to need it as Thanksgiving and Christmas would be right around this weigh challenge dates.

Shilpa

tammypa
on 10/6/08 2:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shilpa,
Well I haven't met my goal yet, but the advice of all the pros seems to be - chart whatever u eat.
See what your calories, carbs, protein etc all works out to and try to get in the range the nut set for you. Keeping your protein in range is very important. I am sure that you will get loads more advice. I just want to wish you well - that gift card is a great incentive. Good luck, Tammy
bubble273
on 10/6/08 3:12 am - Levittown, PA
Shilpa,

I do know that if you don't count your calories and you're exercising, then you may not be eating enough and it just backfires on you.  I know it's a pain in the arse, but it's probably for the best to count your calories.  You want to make sure you're eating enough when you're doing as much exercise as you are doing.  Good luck.

Karen

jackie j
on 10/7/08 3:02 am - Glenmoore, PA
You don't say what they want you to do.  First off, I'd say use Fitday.com.   You don't mention if there is an eating plan but obviously not all plans are the same and you need to follow your Barix plan for your protein requirements first and foremost.  Most diet/exercise plans will promote more carbs than we are allowed by Barix.  If you follow the Barix plan the calories ARE there, they just don't have you concentrating on them because we digest/absorb differently now.  If you use fitday, you'll see the numbers and you'll also be able to factor in the exercise.   If you are doing extra exercise, know that your appetite may increase along with it and you'll probably need more water as you'll dehydrate faster and you may put on weight as you build muscle (at first) but it will subside as the muscle begins burning more calories after a time.  Do a test run of your current numbers and exercise, it's free; can't hurt.  Use it as a benchmark.   Good Luck!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views