Anyone at Barix today?

Melanie B.
on 10/5/08 11:14 pm - Doylestown, PA
I have my 6 week follow up at 11:15am

Pam Hart
on 10/5/08 11:18 pm - Easton, PA
I won't be there....but good luck and let us know how it goes!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 10/5/08 11:21 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Good luck Melanie, hope your appt goes well.

Melanie B.
on 10/6/08 3:21 am - Doylestown, PA
I'm back!

So I can now say with confidence that my home scale and the Barix scale are perfectly synced to the ounce. My weight was 231.8 at home and 231.8 at Barix!

I am down 38lbs in 6 weeks and that's a total of 22% of my excess weight (I think that's what they told me) so I'm 1/4 of the way there.

I did end up having an X-ray with Barium to make sure there wasn't an obvious stricture...since i seem to be ing a lot lately.

Dr. Marymor didn't see anything obvious, everything did seem to drain properly (I even got to see my new designer guts) but said that if things get worse or don't seem to correct themselves I should go see a GI for further evaluation. Honestly I think it's just a phase and will pass - but we will see.

I picked up some new vitamins and protein bars and that's about it.

bubble273
on 10/6/08 3:23 am - Levittown, PA
Congratulations on your weight loss.  You're doing FABULOUS!!!  It was great to meet you at the OH event.  I looked at your picture today and had an "ohhhh" moment.  DUH!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Karen

Pam Hart
on 10/6/08 10:41 am - Easton, PA
Congrats on the great appointment, save for the barium portion!  I had to do that with the bowel obstruction - and lemme tell you - not fun at all!!

Keep up the great work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 10/6/08 12:20 pm - PA
Congrats Melanie! 38lbs is awesome!! Glad you had a good visit and no stricture. Keep up the great work :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
tracyb330
on 10/6/08 5:05 am - Temple, PA
That's great Melanie. I think I was 22% at my 6 week appt too. Keep up the good work. You look great, but I thought you looked great before surgery too.

Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
keri2008
on 10/6/08 5:11 am - PA
Congratulations on your loss - WOW!  I didn't know you were chucking schmookies so I hope that gets better real soon.  You look awesome and are really working your tool - do a happy dance!  :0)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views