Making progress....(-104lbs & pics)

New_Beginnings_36
on 10/5/08 2:04 am, edited 10/7/08 9:50 pm - PA
Hi everyone,

I saw Dr. P last week and all is well with my bloodwork.
She's happy, the Nut is happy and I'm happy :)
And at 4 months out, I am down 104lbs!!
Of course 33 of that was right before surgery but I'm still counting it :)
I can't believe it!

But as thrilled as I am about losing 104lbs, here's where my real progress is being made...

I'm sure a lot of you can relate...I have always despised having my picture taken, even before becoming morbidly obese. And as some of you know, I have a 14yr old daughter that is my world and up until my RNY there have been no pictures of me or the two of us anywhere since she was a baby (to be honest there are only a few of those). This is a huge regret and is so sad and embarrassing that I can't believe that I am posting about it. But since my RNY, I have been trying to leave my comfort zone and take pictures with her. I have so much catching up to do! I love her more than anything and I have to do this for her and for me.

So, I've decided to include some pictures in this post....I hope they show up :)
If not they are on my profile.
[The pics are from the day of surgery, 3 weeks out, 3 months out and now - 4months out]

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
GD_007
on 10/5/08 4:47 am - Drexel Hill, PA

-GD
Dolores O.
on 10/5/08 6:03 am
Congrats Steph,
You looked wonderful at the OH Event yesterday.

Keep up the great work.  And yes, you have every right to include that 33 lbs before surgery to your total.

I include the lbs I lost before surgery too.

Dolores~

Laura D.
on 10/5/08 6:38 am - Pottstown, PA
That is amazing!  You look wonderful.  Thanks for being so honest with your sharing.
Pam Hart
on 10/5/08 7:36 am - Easton, PA
Don't be embarrassed - many of us can relate to that!!  Your progress is great - and good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone.

You are looking FABULOUS dahling!!  104 pounds in 4 mos (including pre surgery!!) is just amazing!!  Whoo hoo!!  And yep - count those presurgery pounds - they came off too!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 10/5/08 10:05 am - Pottstown, PA
YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You look great!!! Way to go!!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

cleos_mom
on 10/5/08 11:05 am - phila., PA
Hi Steph
  your pictures of you and your daughter are just beautiful you are doing a great job
Susan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Lesley G.
on 10/5/08 11:06 am - Allegan, MI
Stefanie, I am so happy for you!  You look great, and your photos definitely show it.  Congrats on being down 100+, that is excellent progress.  You are very inspiring!

Lesley
Lslaven
on 10/5/08 11:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Steph:
The pictures look awesome.  You must do it more often.  Look at how thin your face got.  See, I told you.....and in pictures you must be able to see it.  I am so proud of you!!!!

Happy Birthday girlfriend!!!!
Luv Ya,
Linda
Dennis Belk
on 10/5/08 11:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Stephanie dear,
You look MAHVELOUS!
You are in CANVILLE now and it shows everyday.
You're doing great!

Dennis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views