So glad I did not turn back - Philly ROCKED and I am telling it with Pics

martitalinda
on 10/4/08 10:20 pm, edited 10/4/08 10:21 pm
My plastic surgeon okayed me on Friday for the drive to Philly on Saturday.  I wanted to go to an OH even soooooooooooo bad and my DH had promised to take me.  I had to use my heavy binder and as my drains are still in (I am a bleeder) I tucked them in my bra and dunned my jeans catsuit - warm enough and heavy duty enough.   It was such a beautiful smooth drive - we made it in three hours from Connecticut.  At the last rest stop on the highway I feel something damp at my back - I touch and there is blood - yuk - one of my drain tubes came loose from the pump and there were droplets of discharge on my back.  Thank goodness for wipes, alcohol, purell and everything else being packed.   I was able to scrub everything off - a few droplets had gotten on the inside back of my clothing and I scrubbed that too leaving this big wet spot on my back.  I told my husband - turn around I am not going.  He says we are less than 1 hour away.  I said "turn around I am not going looking like this, I am all wet" he said - lets buy a blow dryer and I will blow you dry - not that made me laugh.  I said 'oh well' lets go - I really want to meet my OH cyberfamily at the Philly event - forget the blow dryer I will air out.  I was uncomfortable - I was clean though - I am a clean and neat freak but vain as vain can be - who am I fooling (lol).  To add insult to injury not only was my back wet and drying I managed to spill coffee on myself at the table - did I also say some days I am clumsier than others (lol) - so when you see the big wet spot in the front of my clothes - yup I spilled coffee on myself - travel with a bib next time Martita (lol) - so here I was loving to dress and look presentable walking into an event wet - feeling like a stuffed turkey with the binders and the drains and all these bulky artifacts under my clothing and yet - I HAD ONE OF THE BEST DAYS AND THE MOST FUN IN MY POST SURGICAL LIFE - PHILLY ROCKED AND I AM TELLING IT IN PICS RIGHT HERE!!!

Okay enough words.... I am going to tell it in pictures.  I am working on a slideshow and I will PM the link to those who are interested as there are too many pics to post.

When we came in the door this beautiful skinny woman with a short hairstyle that rocked said "I know you" and a second most gorgeous a bit shorter beautiful sista echoed yes "we know her" and I was welcomed at the door by beautiful Melting Mama and Eggface - those sistas are beautiful and they rock!!! and they are skinny you hear me (lol).  I managed some shots of them.  They had the best table in the house and there was always a flock of people around them.
Eggface and Martita
MARTITAANDCHEFEGGFACE.jpg picture by martitalinda
Martita and MeltingMamma
MARTITAANDMELTINGMAMMA.jpg picture by martitalinda
Eggface and Melting Mamma Presentation - Eggface if a Chef of Chef and Melting Mamma has a smile that would light up the planet - the most cheerful person ever!
MELTINGMAMMAANDEGGFACE-AAA.jpg picture by martitalinda

EGGFAEANDMELTINGMAMMASETTINGUP.jpg picture by martitalinda
I am sooooooooo glad we kept on going because Philly ROCKED.  I had the best day ever and my husband enjoyed himself sooooooooooooo much.  Everyone was soooooooo welcoming to both of us.  A beautiful sista by the name of Mary came over and introduced herself as a member who lurks on the board but she had read my story and told Al she felt she knew us becaus of my posting... she was so humble and kind and beautiful and it made the best welcome ever... I was soooooooooo happy to meet MARY...
MARTITAANDMARY.jpg picture by martitalinda
When I ran in to Lois11466 and ChristyVannoy - my most favorite, favorite support sistas it made my day
LOIS-CHRISTYVANNOY-MARTITA-AAA.jpg picture by martitalinda
Me and ChristyVannoy
MARTITAANDCRISTYVANNOY.jpg picture by martitalinda
Me and Jayne another BEAUTIFUL SISTA ON THE JOURNEY!!!
MARTITAANDJAYNE.jpg picture by martitalinda
Me and beautiful BaseballMom - a lovely lady!!!
MARTITAANDBASEBALLMOM.jpg picture by martitalinda
Then this most beautiful sexy sista - you should see her in person her pics does her no justice - this diva calls me and it is none other than Jill23 - a foxy lady and she showed me how to strike  some poses....
Martia and Jill23
MARTITA-JILL23-AAAA.jpg picture by martitalinda
Martita, Ramon and Jill23
MARTITA-JILL-RAMON-2.jpg picture by martitalinda
Jill is the Sexiest and I wanted to steal her shoes - they rocked!!!
MARTITA-JILL-RAMON-1.jpg picture by martitalinda
and she is soooooooooo nice she did not even mind my big wet stain but I did - so we took pics all over again on the side without the stain LOL - then she showed me her belly as here I was stuffed in a binder with drains for tits (lol) she has the most beautiful tiny tummy with hardly a trace of a scar - great job!!!
There goes Martita and Jill - I swear I am going to add a bib to my carepack
JILL23ANDMARTITASPILLEDCOFFEE.jpg picture by martitalinda
When I ran into RAMON AND DEBBIE - I was sooooooooo thrilled.... I was hoping to see Yvonne McCarthy with them but I was just as glad they were there... Ramon and Debbie and I sniffed love in the horizon and boy of boy I WAS RIGHT! - there are an ISSUE YAY
MARTITADEBBIEANDRAMON.jpg picture by martitalinda
I sat at the table with Teresa, Ramon, Debbie and others and I met this Fowl too... he had a BONE in his pants (lol)
TERESA-DEBBIE-MARTITA.jpg picture by martitalinda
and surprise of all surprises RAMON ASKED ME IF I WON'T MIND PRESENTING HIM OR DOING HIS INTRO - wow!!! I WAS HONORED ... SO THIS STILL WET STUFFED SISTA MADE IT UP ON STAGE (LOL) ...
MARTITAINTRODUCINGRAMONASGUESTSPEAK.jpg picture by martitalinda
AND I had the honor to introduce RAMON ... an inspiration ... a great guy ... THAT INCREDIBLE SHRIKING DAWG RAMON ... he was the subject of the first canvas I painted of my OH friends and I have been painting them since ... I am stuck with beaucoup canvases and I do not have the addresses to send them too.  If I posted your painting and you have not received it your address may have been lost in my congested inbox.  Please email me and I will mail it out to you and no cost for canvases or shipments - it is my hobby and a gift of love.  I traded the fork for my paintbrush (lol)
MARTITAINTRODUCINGRAMONASGUESTSP-2.jpg picture by martitalinda

Ramon was impressive ... we were at the table with tears running down our faces after seing his video ... a true story told in real time .. nothing phony about it ... the best way to pay it forward is to tell it - if one person gets helped or inspired by it that is your 100%.
RAMONPRESENTATION.jpg picture by martitalinda
My AL was sooooooooooo impressed by RAMON ... he found a new friend... Al just loved the event and asked me when is there going to be another in our area or within driving distance??? and I told him I cannot wait ..
AL and RAMON at the table...
ALANDRAMON-AAA.jpg picture by martitalinda
I took several pics ... with my OH cyberfamily ... we felt like we were at this wonderful family reunion and it was a good feeling....
I AM FOREVER HAPPY AND GRATEFUL AND CONTENT - SOOOOOOOOO CONTENT I FELL ASLEEP AS SOON AS I CAME HOME.  I WAS TRULY HAPPY IN BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT.  THE MISHAP FROM THE DRAIN AND THE SPILLED COFFEE DID NOT KEEP ME AWAY FROM SUCH A GLORIOUS DAY.... THANK YOU MY OH FAMILY FOR ALLOWING ME TO SHARE.... THERE ARE MANY OTHER PICS I AM PUTTING A SLIDESHOW TOGETHER AND I WILL PM YOU.  ANYONE WANTING A CANVAS PM ME AND I WILL ADD YOU TO MY QUEUE.  IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME AS I CATCH UP BUT YOU WILL GET IT WHENEVER I AM DONE....

I LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL OH FAMILY AND THANK YOU  FOR ALLOWING ME TO SHARE.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Ample Beauty
on 10/5/08 7:42 am - central, VA
You my dear, are AMAZING.  And that outfit was HOT.  When you said you still had your drains in, I thought NO WAY.

But now I read how your hubby offered you a BLOW (dryer) JOB to continue the trip.  What a CHAMP!  No wonder you stuck it out!!

Ample, the Hybrid Caddy -- 488 (76.4)/146(22.8)/140-ish
12/11/2005 Hit by a truck - wt 435/BMI 68     
1/24/2006 VBG w/sleeve - Dr. Elariny

12/5/2006 Revision to D/S and Adjustable Band - Dr. Elariny,
wt 286/BMI 46
7/30/2008 LBL; 10/13/2008 UBL; 12/29/2008 Lipo: Dr Krieger
Lslaven
on 10/6/08 1:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you for making the effort to come to Philly.  You look wonderful and are such an inspiration. 
Linda
EileenWalton
on 10/6/08 3:26 am
Thanks for that wonderful post.  We all enjoyed meeting you also and hope you will return for another event.  I saw you in the hallway and immediately knew who you were.  I am a lurker on the main board but am active on the PA board.  You were so nice to offer to paint a picture of a family member, and I am definitely going to take you up on your offer.  I'll be emailing you a picture of my adorable granddaughter Abigail.  Thanks so much and it was amazing meeting you.  You look even better in person (if that's possible) and your inner beauty is just as lovely as your outer beauty. 
Eileen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views