Pocono Support Group

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 11:11 am - Poconos, PA
Hi Everyone,

I am almost 6 years post op and have been trying to find a support group in the Stroudsburg area. The closest one I have been able to locate is in Easton which is quite a haul after a long day at work. So I am wondering if anyone knows of a group in the Stroudsburg area or if not, how many people would interested in attending one if it were available? I'm still researching but if we're not able to find one in this immediate area, my husband and I were seriously considering starting one. I think it would be a great asset to to have one in this area. Once we know how many people would be interested in attending, if there are enough, I'll look into locations as well as having different people come in as speakers for us, and try to set a date up.

If you're interested, you can send me a PM or email me [email protected]

Thanks!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/5/08 4:04 pm
There is a support group in Pecksville.  I was told about it when I had a consultation with William Peters.  Maybe one of his patients or his office can tell you where it is.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 7:56 pm - Poconos, PA
I'm pretty sure that Peckville is about an hour and 10 minutes from the Stroudsburg/Pocono area so that too would be too far. But thank you for telling me about it.

I'm trying to find a group in Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg/Tannersville or Bartonsville. Marshalls Creek or Mt Pocono might be ok too depending on where it is within the town.

Thanks again.
Liz R.
on 10/5/08 8:52 pm - Easton, PA
Valerie - I have a support group meeting in my home in Easton on Saturday's once a month - we would love to have you! The next one is Saturday October 18th at noon. We are doing a "cooking class" and support group meeting to try new recipes and help those that are in need of variety. Dennis comes down from that area and it takes about 40 minutes to get to my house.

Liz
Rhonda2008
on 10/6/08 12:56 am
Valerie,

There is a support group in Stroudsburg which meets at the library the last Wednesday of each month. they are not physician led but are very good none the less.
I will Pm you the information! Rhonda
Dennis Belk
on 10/6/08 1:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes Valerie,
There is a Stroudsburg group.
Thanks Rhonda.
Last Wednesday of the month.
At the Eastern Monroe Public Library on Rt. 611 & Chipperfield Drive.
They meet 7p- 9p.
It's lead by Annette Herlihy.
It's always posted on the library's schedule of  events in the lobby entrance.
They use one of the community rooms on the 1st flr.

Dennis 
Rhonda2008
on 10/6/08 1:11 am
Hey Dennis!
Hope to meet you this month's meeting. I have only been to one but plan on attending them all now if I can.
Valerie, I pm'ed you Annette's phone number.
Rhonda
Dennis Belk
on 10/6/08 3:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Rhonda,
I've been going sporadically b/c of my NYC commute. I've been to abt 4 in the last few years but I try to be there when I can. It's a great group and Annette does a fine job. Hopefully I can meet up with you there this month.
Take care,
Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/08 9:36 am - Poconos, PA
Thank you everyone for the information on the Stroudsburg group. I spoke with Annette a short while ago and apparently I kept missing the ad for the meeting in the Pocono Record since it's only placed during the actual week of the meeting...Just my luck..lol.

Anyway, I chatted with her for a bit and I will definitely be going to this month's meeting. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views