Just saying hi - do you trust scales?

GD_007
on 10/5/08 5:02 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey all,

Just a quick post to day hi.  I'm back to wotk and school so I do n't have much time to surf anymore.  Sorry I missed the OH event yesterday (I did want to go) but I was in classes at Drexel.

Looks like you're all doing well.

Am I the only one that doesn't trust scales?  I stepped on the electronic scale at Ballys fitness the other day and was shocled to see the number....i thought it was too LOW!!  I didn't record that weight.  Then, a few days later, I happen to be playing a Nintendo Wii Fitness game that measured your weight.....damb, if the measurement wasn't within 1lb of the Bally's scale measurement.  I have yet to step on "my" scale I bought (a nice "doctor" style Dectro I found on Craigslist) because I've moved it (painting in the room) and have not yet leveled it out.

Anyways....I took my 2 month post-op pictures but didn't record a weight yet.  *IF* you believe Ballys and the Wii - I'm about 260-262lb now.

Later,
-GD
Pam Hart
on 10/5/08 7:38 am - Easton, PA
Considering you had two weights at about the same...yea...I would trust it.  But it's always good to weigh yourself the same time of day, in the same clothes, on the same scale, etc.

Keep up the great work!

I hope work and school aren't being to brutal on you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 10/5/08 8:47 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Pam!  Unfortunately, work & school & baby are a little brutal....I wish I could hit the Powerball :)
bubble273
on 10/5/08 9:37 am - Levittown, PA
Hey Greg,

The only scale I have ever, ever trusted was the scale at Barix.  And I'm lucky because I live so close that I can go at any time to weigh myself.  But truly, even if I get weighed somewhere else, I always then get weighed at Barix to see what it says.  That's my number and I'm sticking to it!!!

Karen

GD_007
on 10/5/08 8:47 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Karen!

Do I see you've hit goal?  Good for you!
J. M.
on 10/5/08 8:41 pm
Well...considering mine has been confiscated and taken to an unknown location this week, I cant really comment.

I can say, however, that it can make you crazy.

What Bally's are you going to? I go to MacDade.

~ Jen   

GD_007
on 10/5/08 8:51 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Jen - thanks.  Yes I go to MacDade but infrequently (i.e. on weekends that I don't have school).  Work now has a gym and I'll be signing up there later this week so I can go much more frequent.  For a small fee you get a dedicated locker and they'll take your your dirty gym clothes, clean them, and put them back in your locker within 24 hrs.
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 10:49 pm - Eastern, PA
Use the same scale, at the same time of day (morning for lowest weight), in the same position on the floor to keep yourself close to your "acutal" weight.

Otherwise, you'll drive yourself batty. :)
Pam Hart
on 10/5/08 11:24 pm - Easton, PA
So is THAT what happend to you.....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 10/7/08 11:30 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Norm!
-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views