brown sugar

sbrunell
on 10/4/08 1:54 pm - Bensalem, PA
hey folks.
I've seen brown sugar substitute in recipes. I went to the store, and all I can see is the Brown Sugar w/ Splenda, and that was 2 g of sugar for 1/2 tsp.

Is there a better alternative?  Where can I get it?
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Shannon O.
on 10/4/08 2:01 pm - Reading, PA
That is the only sub that I have seen for it... but when you use it if a recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of it... you only use 1/8 of a cup... so a little goes a long way...

Pam Hart
on 10/4/08 5:52 pm - Easton, PA
I don't know - I haven't looked to hard....but I know it is a "brown sugar blend" from splenda, hence the sugar gms.  good luck

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 10/5/08 4:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Sweet and Low also puts out their version of brown sugar
jackie j
on 10/5/08 8:16 am - Glenmoore, PA
The best brown sugar out there is called DiabetiSweet.   Gotta get it on the internet and it is not cheap but it lasts a long time so that works out.   It has no glycemic index, is granular so you can cook and bake with it and has no aftertastes etc.   I make candied sweet potatoes with it and you'd never know it is not pure sugar.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Liz R.
on 10/6/08 5:13 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Jackie! I found this online today and was wondering how it was! Off to buy some now!

Liz
IdaMae D.
on 10/6/08 5:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
I use the Splenda Brown sugar if it calls for 1/4 cup I cut it to 2 tbsp then use unsweetened organic or my homemade applesause. Gene has never had a problem with any of the splenda products when I bake as long as I cut it in half a couple times then use applesauce or crushed pineapple in the recipe. Crushed pineapple I do the same thing it's either organic unsweetened or I make my own crushed pineapple to use.

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views