my horrible day!!!!!!!

rita61677
on 10/4/08 9:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
well i got out of my house to leave for the  oh event and take my daughter to dancing school, i open my drivers door adn notice my seat is leaned all teh way back - i think hmmm.... how did that happen. thought maybe i knocked it back when i got out of the car last night. then my mom says "rita why are all these rocks in here." they were pretty big rocks and isaid "someone was in the car" then my mom noticed that the ignition switch was gone!!!!!!!!!! it was on teh floor. some sons of a bit**s tried to steal my car. unbelieveable. they knocked out the lock on my drivers side doors also - thats how they got in. i wasnt covered by insurance bec. i just decreased to liability only. then i call AAA to get my car towed and they send a flat bed trck he obviously cant move the car becasue it cant come out of gear, they finally send the rught tow trcuk and we bring it to a dealership. they have to order all these specialy made keys and ignition switch. for a grand total of $1200. im so upset. i have no idea what im gonna do. i have to use a credit card to get it fixed and i DO NOT use credit cards. so obviously i didnt make it to the OH event. sounds like a great day and im sure i missed alot of wonderful info.

hopefully things will get better.
Pam Hart
on 10/4/08 11:32 am - Easton, PA
Oh Rita!  I'm so sorry about the whole thing - that is just awful.  I guess it is better than waking up to find out that you didn't have a car at all.

I'll be thinking of you...

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/4/08 12:14 pm
I'm so sorry for all that terrible stuff, but what was the purpose of the rocks and the seat being back?

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

rita61677
on 10/5/08 1:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
i'm assuming that they used the rocks to bang on the end of a screwdriver to pop out the lock and then to try and start the car. as ot teh seat being laid back it was to give them more room to work their "magic".
Shannon O.
on 10/4/08 2:06 pm, edited 10/4/08 2:06 pm - Reading, PA
oh that just sucks... I am so sorry... btw- did you report it to the police?

rita61677
on 10/5/08 1:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
i did call the police and they actually called me to take a report they didnt even come out.
bcutekitty
on 10/4/08 4:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
first of all i looked all day for you knew something had to happen for you not to show,this damn neighborhood where were you parked?and i know you are going to tell me the side street it happend to my son twice,we really missed you today stop by if you need to talk!!!

rita61677
on 10/5/08 1:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
hey kim - you are right - i was on overington. but i was at the corner right next to jeanne's porch. she didnt hear anything nor did i. i'm at the point where i just want to get rid of my car. this is the 3rd time my car was vandalized. they didnt even steal anything - i have a built in dvd player. i know it was kids. ive really had it. if the market was better i would probably move to the far far far ne. if i could leave the city - id be gone in a second!!!!!!!!! but i work for teh city so i cant go anywhere.
Lslaven
on 10/6/08 12:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Rita:
I am so sorry that this happened to you.  As Kim said, she was looking for you all day and said that something must have happened.  This world today is awful.  People seem to think it is okay to take what they want rather than work for it.  Good luck with everything.
Linda
rita61677
on 10/6/08 2:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Linda.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views