I am moving out of Can'tville!

CherylT
on 10/4/08 3:22 pm - Perkasie, PA
My neighbors don't seem to know how to be quiet at 1am, so I might as well write what's on my mind. All my life has been spent hearing and saying "I can't". My parents were very negative. "Oh, I can't do that..." "Women can't do that..." "I can't, I can't...I can't." Bless their hearts, but they had/have the lowest self-esteem known to humankind. I'm talking waaaay down deep in the depths of the ocean low. My mom hates leaving her house. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 27 because I thought I couldn't do it. I didn't start college until I was 36 because I thought I couldn't do it. I was in a marriage for 18 years to someone who told me I can't do things all the time.

Well, I CAN'T live this way anymore! My new motto is: "I CAN!"  I CAN do it, whatever it is. Every time I think to myself I can't, I have to stop and replace it with I CAN.

I Can....

I Can....

I Can....

There is a good reason why "The Little Engine That Could" is such a beloved book.

:)

Cheryl

Pam Hart
on 10/4/08 5:49 pm - Easton, PA
LOVE the group photo avatar!

Also LOVE the new phrase.  You are right you CAN do anything you want...keep it up....part of successing is being able to do whatever you want regardless of obstacles and being able to over come them!  Whoo hoo!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 10/5/08 12:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Cheryl Trotter and Welcome to CANVILLE.
It's a place where we wake up recognizing the positive.
That today is an opportunity to achieve.
That today is another chance to complete something awesome.
That today we CAN find joy and happiness.
That today we CAN  feel good and worthy because we are deserving of that goodnes and those feelings.
When you made your WLS decision that's when you started moving out of CAN'TVILLE.
That's when the ability TO DO hit you and it has been progressing ever since.
There's no need to let the CAN'TS of the past get in your way anymore.
You are doing great! 
You look beautiful!
You are beautiful!
You are successing!
There will be no more holding back, ever again.

Dennis

New_Beginnings_36
on 10/5/08 2:42 am - PA
Cheryl & Dennis - Thanks for posting this. I really needed to read this today :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
CherylT
on 10/5/08 1:31 am - Perkasie, PA

You guys are wonderful!

Hugs!

:)

Lslaven
on 10/6/08 1:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cheryl:

You definitely can.  You have lost 148 pounds, and I am sure many people said you couldn't do that.  You have proved them wrong now and will many, many more times in the future.  You look wonderful and will have much continued successing.  Enjoy!!!!  YOU CAN!!!!!!
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views