Water absorption

Laura D.
on 10/4/08 4:31 am - Pottstown, PA
I had to forfeit the OH event today due to waking with a wicked bladder infection.  I was SO looking forward to seeing everyone in person today and I am bummed to say the least. 

At almost 6 wks out and drinking my 8 of 8 waters each day plus milk and other liquids.  I only use the bathroom about four times a day, even with all this water in my system.  Before surgery I would be in the bathroom constantly with that amount of water.  Does anyone know why this is now different?  I am prone to b.i. so I will probably need to up my daily water.  My appt. is next week with Dr. P and I will be sure to ask her.

My other question is this is my first time on prescribed meds, besides Dr. P's.  Am I going to absorb these and get rid of the infection or does it linger?  I know everyone is different.....just looking for feedback.

Thanks much.

Pam Hart
on 10/4/08 5:45 am - Easton, PA
I've had a UTI after surgery.  I was put on levaquin and pyridium for it.  It cleared in the same amount of time.  Told to up the fluids of course

If you are prone to them, you probably know the things to help prevent them:

Take showers as opposed to baths
Fluid intake (water is best)
100% pure cotton underwear (no synthetics)
Front to back personal hygeine
Avoid tight fitting clothes
Nightgowns w/ cotton underwear vs. pant/top pajamas

Feel better!  My last one came on my "cramp" day of my monthly friend - talk about being absolutely horrendously miserable.  It should be medically impossible to have BOTH of those at the same time.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 10/4/08 7:32 am - Reading, PA
I used to get UTI all the time... I now drink a couple of classes of cranberry juice or take the cranberry pills a week... don't wear any undies while sleeping (doc told me that area needs to breath as she put it) and don't use antibactieral soap down there... because it kills off the good bacteria as well as the bad...

But, it sounds like you are retaining water as well so watch the salt too and talk to Dr. P about all of this as well she might have some great tips...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views