Who's getting their excersise groove on?? Friday Edition

lauraanne715
on 10/2/08 6:43 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning!

So even though I am up I am unable to get my work out in this a.m. so again I will have to come directly home and put in an hour on the treadmill this evening.  This was not a good week for me with getting up or feeling well in the early morning! But we leave for Busch Gardens and trying to get all the laundry packing and animals sorted before we leave has been taking up most of my time this week.

So tonight I plan on doing one hour on the treadmill! Then getting everything in the car and then we head to VA for the weekend!! Woohoo! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a great weekend!!!

What is on your excersise agenda today?

Much luv!!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Andy Kovatch
on 10/2/08 8:04 pm - York, PA
Well, today I wake up a bit bummed out.  I faught so hard and you people responded and voted for Philly to get an OH convention and now it is happening.  TOMORROW!!!  It creeped up so fast, I didn't even realize it was tomorrow until I saw Ramon's post when I woke up during the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I never wound up getting a ticket and, because I don't have transportation from Maryland (Beth's great in letting me borrow her car, but she works part-time every other weekend and this is her weekend to work, so she needs the car) I will not be making it to the convention.  Majorly bummed out.  Also, a few months ago I had a falling out with a couple dear friends and I apologized over and over again for my part and, for some reason, have not heard back from either of them - particularly her since I've been close to her since the beginning.  I pm'd her yesterday begging for foregiveness and have yet to hear back.  I guess our friendship wasn't as deep as I thought it was.  That's sad, very very sad.  Nothing more I can do.

Anyway, I am not going to let all this bring me down.  I am running the Philadelphia Marathon in 7 weeks and have begun training for it already.  I will kick it into high gear today as I will hit the gym twice.  This afternoon I will hit the weights heavy, working on my biceps, triceps, forearms, abs, back and legs.  Tonight, it's 10 more miles on the treadmill.

Starting Monday, it's time to hit the pavement.  I've drawn up my game plan to get ready for the Marathon and that starts with 10 miles every other day of roadwork next week, then 12, 14 et****il two weeks before the race, where I will take a week off before finishing up my training the week of the race.  I screwed up by getting so far off track for a few months and my good friends at Barix have me back on the wagon and hungrier than ever to keep successing.  What are you all doing today?

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Liz R.
on 10/2/08 9:40 pm - Easton, PA
Andy - why don't you try posting something on the board - I think that we have a few people down that way, maybe someone could pick you up? Sorry to hear though if you can't make it!

Liz
CherylT
on 10/2/08 9:57 pm, edited 10/2/08 9:57 pm - Perkasie, PA
Well, I took a little of my liquid vicodin I had left over from post op last night for my back pain---God bless that person who invented that stuff----lol. I hope I am not still doin' this lil' ole' lady walk tomorrow!

I'm doing my sweatin 4 tape today, and my daily walk. Cleaning the house and mowing the lawn, that  will keep me moving too. I suppose back troubles stay with you no matter how much you lose.

dit657
on 10/2/08 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I didn't get up this morning either, Laura - these last few days really have me dragging - I have been doing extra dog-walking duty so that helps, and house stuff, but its not the same as getting on that bike or doing 'real' exercise. Not sure if I'll get on the bike tonight or not, but tomorrow morning for sure.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dianne P.
on 10/2/08 11:56 pm - DE
Hi Guys,
NO Nothing for me today, U wouldnt believe me if you where here yesterday ! I was up in the attic cleaning up had so much energy and Bammmm a board moved and down I went. My right leg was stuck in a rafter ! I had tears rolling down my face, fear of the unknow of being stuck there in the ceiling for the afternoon, or a broken leg etc overwhelmed me. I don't remember how I got my leg from being unstuck, but downstairs in our bedroom there is a hole in the ceiling a size of a shoe box ! ONLY Me ! I went to the gym 4 times this week, so waiting till Monday to go back.
I am ok, calf is black and blue, nothing broken except my pride. DH was frantric he is not good with my tears.
That's my story and I am sticking to it !
Dianne
Pam Hart
on 10/3/08 2:23 am - Easton, PA
I am only laughing because my father did the same thing a few years back.  Oddly enough it was around Christmas time and he had on his red sweatpants...in the attick getting Christmas decorations....and BOTH his legs went through (he was straddling a beam thank god...although is man parts weren't to happy)....and my 3 year old cousin was the first to see his legs hanging through....and thought "santa had come through the roof"  OMG....

Sooooo glad you are ok.....feel better and get some ice on those black and blues!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/08 12:17 am - Eastern, PA
Good morning freinds!

I got everything out of the way this morning! Did my free weight routine, then followed it up with an hour on the elliptical.

It makes for a loooooong two hours, especially first thing in the morning, but there was actually someone else in the gym this morning, so the elliptical time went by quickly because I had someone to talk to instead of listening to the latest crap on the Today Show.

Hope you have a great weekend.
rita61677
on 10/3/08 1:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
i got to the gym later than expencted so i didnt have much time so i did 30 minutes on the treadmill and weight training on shoulders, chect and back. as well as abs. ill be back in the gyum on monday since its in my work building.
Laureen S.
on 10/3/08 4:06 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Got to the gym this morning, did 20 minutes of cardio, followed by 1/2 hour training session, weights, hey guys, I really have muscles now, it's soooo exciting. . .  well after that I came home and have been doing lawn work for almost 3 hours, that is more exercise, so far this week I am 4 out of 5 days and have done 3 5ks on the treadmill, woo hoo, I must have lost my mind, I actually have a good feeling from having done all this exercise   Oh well now to clean the house. . .  see some of you tomorrow in Choncy. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views