next time you eat at Applebee's

sbrunell
on 10/3/08 2:23 am - Bensalem, PA
From Seafood.com news:

Applebee's Sued Over Calorie Count

United Press International
September 28, 2008 - A class-action lawsuit contends Applebee's restaurants underestimate the fat and calories for the Weigh****chers-endorsed meals they serve.

An analysis by independent Analytical Labs of Boise, Idaho, revealed Applebee's meals for the diet-conscious contain more calories and fat than indicated on their menus, alleges the $5 million lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Kansas where Applebee's has its headquarters.

"They found in no uncertain terms that it wasn't even close," said lawyer August Matteis, who brought the suit.

For example, Applebee's says its Cajun Lime Tilapia has 6 grams of fat and 310 calories, while Analytical Labs allegedly found 14.3 grams of fat and 401 calories, the New York Post reported.

Weigh****chers has declined to comment, while Applebee's said it warns customers that a difference between the nutritional information on the menu and what is in the food "is inevitable," reported the Washington Business Journal.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 10/3/08 2:25 am - Easton, PA
One of my GF does the WW thing...and when we went to applebees she ordered a WW meal...it was a super small portion and I actually thought to myself "hhhmmmm....this might be a good thing for me to order next time...." but I might question it next time.  Not that when I go to restaurants I think the food is any good for me.....but still....

Thanks!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Andy Kovatch
on 10/3/08 3:28 am - York, PA
I'm sure Applebee's isn't the only restaurant that has false information on their nutrition charts.  And they do warn you ahead of time that there may be a difference of nutritional information on the menu and what is actually in the food.  It's just like when you work out.  Do you really think that when the treadmill says you've just burned 550 calories that you ACTUALLY burned 550 calories?  The answer is NO!!!  In fact, there was a special about it one night on one of the network news shows not too long ago.  Anyway, I guess my point is I really don't give to flying bats and I love Applebee's.  Their menu is a lot more health conscience than most chain restaurants.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views