Me.... Doing a 5k?? YES!

Mary Benford
on 10/2/08 3:38 am - Emmaus, PA
I am so thrilled!   October 18th, in celebration of breast cancer awareness month, I'll be doing a 5k with one of my closest friends from work...   And you have no idea how absolutely extatic I am!!!   It's something I've been saying all along that I wanted to do, and it's been on my "list"....   now I'm finally doing it!

WOOHOO!!!

Just wanted to share the good news w/everyone!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

tammypa
on 10/2/08 3:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mary,
That is wonderful news about the 5K.
Are you running or walking?

I have to say that your new avatar is smoking hot.

Tammy
Mary Benford
on 10/2/08 4:51 am - Emmaus, PA
Thanks Tammy!  

I think we're starting off running, and more than likely finishing off walking!

We'll see what we're up for!

Laureen S.
on 10/2/08 3:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Mary,

That's terrific, if you think you feel good now about committing to it, wait til you cross the finish line, it's an awesome feeling and I'm going to be looking into some in close proximity to where I live, though I do two, sometimes 3 a week on the treadmill at the gym, my best time so far has been 46:52 and I've started incorporating some running into it.  Isn't it amazing the lives we are living as a result of WLS and the support here and at Barix!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Mary Benford
on 10/2/08 4:54 am - Emmaus, PA
I haven't been "training"   haha so we'll see how it goes, but I know I can for sure walk it, if I can't run.

It truly is amazing.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 3:57 am - Eastern, PA
Men aren't allowed to particpate, so I'll be standing around like an idiot while Mary is on the move.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 4:05 am
More like a boob...get it?  Breast cancer month...boob....??  Standing around like a boob....I crack myself up!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 4:06 am - Eastern, PA
Boooooooooo.
tammypa
on 10/2/08 5:09 am - Philadelphia, PA

Heather - the boob comment has me cracking up.
Sorry Norm.
Tammy

ShaunainHarleysville
on 10/2/08 6:30 am - Harleysville, PA
I LIKE it HG!!!  Standing there like a BOOB!!!   LMAO!!!
I am looking into running a 1/2 marathon next year so a 5K would be a good start for me.  Good luck Mary!  And enjoy the view from "behind", Norm...

Shauna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views