Cravings!!

tanya72100
on 10/2/08 12:25 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 Im trying to find in my good ole binder when i can have PB. I am craving it like you would not believe!!

When were you allowed to have it?

Liz R.
on 10/2/08 12:28 am - Easton, PA
I would think that you could have it as long as you are past the soft foods stage, I remmeber mixing it into my shakes early on - just make sure that it is low sugar!

Enjoy!

Liz
tanya72100
on 10/2/08 12:37 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
I have been tolerating food well. Within the tiny portions i can eat. Im hoping i can find some with low sugar. hmmm.. Peanut butter....

dit657
on 10/2/08 1:00 am - Boothwyn, PA
Tanya - I have found that Simply Jiff Creamy is the best one out there - it has the lowest sugar content (2 grams per serving) and one of the highest protein (8 grams). I compared it to a lot of the other 'natural' peanut butters and this one always ranked best for low sugar, high protein and taste. I use it all the time and have never had a problem with dumping - and heaven knows I have a prissy pouch when it comes to sweets.

I love cutting up a banana and putting it on there - makes a great snack and its soft and easy to tolerate - you should be fine with something like that. I can do apples now, too - without skin - not sure you're eating foods that dense yet? I waited a while til I tried the apple, but if you've eaten them then try it.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 10/2/08 2:45 am - PA
I too have been using PB since full liquids.  I have one that is low in sugar and high in protein.  Not Simply Jif but I do know that a lot of people love the S-J brand.
Pam Hart
on 10/2/08 3:13 am - Easton, PA
You can put it in your shakes on full liquids according to my plan.

I crave PB now too - it's weird.  I was never a big PB fan before hand.  I LOVE it on bananas like I believe it was Kathy who said it.  It's a great snack.  And sometimes I will even measure out a serving and eat it off the spoon like a little kid.  If I am behaving "badly" (IE eating carbs which I try like hell not to but they creep back in when you are not paying attention) I will put PB and SF jam on some crackers.  Yum-o!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ShaunainHarleysville
on 10/2/08 6:38 am - Harleysville, PA
PB has ALWAYS been my weakness.  I use the no sugar added Jiff and it's delicious, but be carfeul of the fat content.  I am three years out, have never had sugar beyond what I should and fat still makes me dump if I go too far.  The PB can do it QUICK.  Be sure to measure according to the label and go with what you think you can handle.  Enjoy!

Shauna
Melanie B.
on 10/3/08 1:41 am - Doylestown, PA
i've been using Spimply Jiff since week #2 in my shakes. I havent' tried it any other way yet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views