Pimples - I know disgusting

tammypa
on 10/2/08 2:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
I have been having problems with pimples. I know this is so disgusting and gross. I
know people have alot of real issues to discuss here, but this has been bugging me.
I no longer eat fatty foods or sugar - and I recently have gotten a few. And I am not talking
little baby ones. I have one now that I think I will have to buy a ticket for to get it in with me
on Saturday to the OH event. Why why why? Where does this come from. For gods sake - 
I am fifty - I should be way past this.
Sorry - I had to vent and get this out.
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 2:24 am
Tammy,

I am sorry you are going through this it is not fun I know my cousin is going through the same thing she is in her 40's.  Have you changed your make-up or cleansing products? Also our bodies go through cycles with hormone changes and age this maybe a side effect from that as well.

You may want to go for a facial and have them see if they can find what is going on and suggest some products to you use. I go once a month for one to try and keep things under control.

Good Luck
tammypa
on 10/2/08 2:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Beth,
Thanks for your advice. I have not changed makeup or cleansers.
I am booked for a facial on the 18th - I think I need an emergency one now though - lol.
Tammy 
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 2:56 am
Too funny I go on the 18th as well for mine! I..See ya Saturday!
keri2008
on 10/2/08 2:43 am - PA
I've known friends who on and off have had this issue.  I know that our hormones change so much so I'm thinking it's probably at least partly due to that.  A facial is actually and excellent idea!  It feels good, helps you relax AND can help work those pimples.  You should definitely look at some products that can help too. 

k
Pam Hart
on 10/2/08 2:59 am - Easton, PA
Peri menopause/menopause causes lots of women to have pimple breakouts.  Without losing weight.

Add in the factor that estrogen is stored in fat and you have lost a lot of fat and have released all that estrogen....well....hence the needed to ticket to the OH event :)

Definately look at some products that can help you and request the help of either a facial person or even a dermatologist (which may be covered under insurance depending on your plan)

And this is a "real" issue too....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 10/2/08 4:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,
I am having the facial. If it continues, I will ask my doctor for a referral
to a dermatologist. Thanks for reminding me about that - I did not even
think of it before.
Tammy
Laureen S.
on 10/2/08 4:13 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Tammy,

Only you could crack me up, as I read about your "teenage" problem. . .  will there be room for me in Ilene's car with your extra passenger coming?

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

tammypa
on 10/2/08 4:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen,
I have to sit in back with "my passenger."
I have the zits of a teenager and the but of an 80 year old.
Tammy 
bubble273
on 10/2/08 8:25 am - Levittown, PA
LMAO....too, too funny!!!  

Can't wait to see the zit of a teenager and your 80-year-old butt on Saturday. 

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views