Greek Yogurt for Lunch- pls help!

sbrunell
on 10/2/08 12:20 am - Bensalem, PA
Broke down and bought the greek yogurt...
took a serving for lunch today.
Do you guys eat it w/ Fruit or do you use Splenda?
I brought a banana just in case, and I have Splenda in the office.

Your help is appreciated.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

tammypa
on 10/2/08 12:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steve,
I put in one Splenda and some blueberries or strawberries.
Tammy
Liz R.
on 10/2/08 12:27 am - Easton, PA
Steve - I mix in just splenda or some fruit - preserves are good too - I think that it needs a little something if you are eating it plain.

Hope you like it!

Liz
bubble273
on 10/2/08 12:53 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Steve,

You could also try the sugar free syrups.  Pam gave me some Davinci syrup to try and I actually haven't even tried it yet.  So I can't really tell you how it tastes, but Pam really likes to add them to the greek yogurt, I believe.

Karen

KimZ
on 10/2/08 1:26 am - PA
Be careful when you buy the Greek Yogurt  with the flavors (blueberry, etc) the sugars and fats are much higher.  Get the fat free.  It will need something.  Sometimes I use a packet of splenda and some fresh berries, sometimes I use the sugar free syrups and sometimes to mix it up a bit - I use the sugar free jelly (what ever flavor Im in the mood for).  Please dont try to eat this straight out of the container -  its so not good.

Kim Z

JoAnn C.
on 10/2/08 1:32 am - PA
Hello

I had my grandaughter and she wanted yogurt. (6 yr old)   All I had was the Greek.
We put some sugar free grape koolaid powder in it.  She loved it.  It doesnt take much just a little..

JoAnn

rita61677
on 10/2/08 1:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
i eat it everyday for lunch too. i put some crystal light powder in it.  youcant eat it plain - its NASTY!!!!
keri2008
on 10/2/08 2:46 am - PA
I totally love GREEK YOGURT!!!  That being said I add it to everything.  My shakes, stir it into soups and I love it alone mixed with salsa.  It's yummy with salsa!
Nicole0216
on 10/2/08 2:54 am - Lancaster, PA
I eat it with some splenda and SF Strawberry preserves.

or over the summer i was putting peaches and strawberries in it
Pam Hart
on 10/2/08 2:56 am - Easton, PA
As something to eat plain you definately need to add a sweetener of sorts to it.  Just plain berries or fruit doesn't cut it for me.  I use splenda and berries on occassion but Karen is right - I use the sf davinci syrups in them ALL the time.  I also add berries to that.  My favorite flavors of syrup to add are one of the following:

Coconut
Pineapple
Lime
Lemon
Raspberry
Vanilla (Although I prefer the fruit flavors over this one)
Sometimes I mix the coconut and pineapple and make a pina colada flavored one. 

This way, it is like buying raspberry or lemon or whatever yogurt only with much more protein.

To me, plain it tastes like sour cream.  That being said, I do use it in place of sour cream.  Such as in things like sour cream and onion dip, on tacos, in tomato soup...whatever you would put sour cream in I add the fat free greek yogurt.

Kim is right -the preflavored ones have ALOT of sugar in them - and although there are natural sugars from the yogurt - in the preflavored ones sugar is something like the second ingredient and there's about 30gm of sugar in a 6 ounce container with no way to determine how much from sugar and how much natural.

Besides the kool aide and crystal lite powder I have also heard of people adding sf jello crystals to it - just a little bit goes a long way.

Good luck - hope you enjoy your lunch.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views