***Thursday Roll Call***

keri2008
on 10/1/08 10:43 pm - PA
Good morning PA Posters!  I'm FREEEZING!!!  I'm always hot.  I always dress like I'm in a tropical climate even when it's 20 degrees.  I don't believe in a coat until it's below 10 degrees (hence I don't wear a coat most of the winter).  WHAT'S HAPPENING????!!!!  I'm FREEZING.

Okay enough complaining as I'm bundled up like an eskimo in my office at work.....geez.  Today is work all day.  Nails done and chin waxed (ROFL) after work.  Stop at the library as my books are in and then home.  The Prevacid by itself is not working so plan B.  Prevacid and 1/2 a pepcid in the AM and 1/2 pepcid at night.  I'll see how that goes.  If it's not enough I'll call Dr. B. as I am traveling to CT Monday to be with my Mom for her biopsy procedure and to visit with my son (Monday-Tuesday) and then drive back.  Sigh.  VERY stressed about it all but it all must be done.  I will bring lots of Chikes to cover myself.  I'm back on liquids right now anyway.  Sigh.  Gorgeous day outside though, and it's almost Fall!!!

Keri
Pam Hart
on 10/2/08 3:27 am - Easton, PA
Welcome to being cold ALL THE TIME.  Invest in nice heavy winter pajamas....a couple of heavy sweatshirts...and a heavy coat to go OVER the heavy sweatshirts.  I was the girl who would stand outside in the winter in the middle of a snow storm with a short sleeve shirt on.  Fast fwd to after surgery....it is currently 61 degrees outside.  I have on an undershirt...a turtleneck...an "inside" jacket (what I call a cross between a sweater and a jacket and a pullover....) and when we went out today to run errands I put a jacket on top of that.  Pathetic.

I sleep like I am going to make myself home in the freezer....flannel pajamas or better yet my big fluffly fleece nightgown....socks...under the down blanket (thinner than a down comforter), plus a heavy home made afghan from my mom which is crocheted w/ 6 scanes of yarn....

Dr. Pupkova told me two things come into play.  First of all....your metabolism is working sooo hard cause you are losing weight...it just doesn't have enough "energy" to spare to heat you.  If it's a choice between keeping your vital organs pumping and keeping you warm...your organs win.  Secondly we are used to having x amount of blubber keeping us warm.   Well we have very very suddenly taken it away and our bodies don't know what hit us.  She said when we start maintaining the metabolism thing will settle down and we will be less sensitive to the cold.  I've been maintaining within a 5 pound weight range for approximately 6 weeks now.  I have yet to notice a difference.  *sigh*  Well...it's better than being 235 pounds, sweating, with high blood pressure and multiple apneic periods during the night and fluctuating blood sugar.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 10/2/08 4:37 am - PA
I almost wet myself reading your post.  It sounded like it's not even possibly to see your face once you bundle up.  It's driving me crazy!!!!  I was always a hot and sweaty girl so when a few people on the boards mentioned the cold, I thought, "HA, not me."  YEAH.  RIGHT.  OMG.  Someone came in with a skirt on and NO SOCKS OR STOCKINGS.  DEAR GOD.    It's good to know why this is happening and it sure makes a lot of sense.  I just don't think my organs are really THAT important.  ROFL.  And you're right, I guess I'd rather be cold than 289, sweating, high BP, 367 episodes of awakening a night, bad joints, borderline diabetic, SEVERE and chronic fatigue.  I should be counting my blessings.......k
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/08 11:34 pm
I am freezing along with the rest of you.  No one in my office has switched to warmer clothing but me.  Everyone is still walking around in sandals, shorts or capri's and short sleeve shirts...WTF...It's OCTOBER people!!!!!

I took my stinkly azz dogs to the groomer this morning.  Getting leashes on the two of them and getting them in the car is an event in itself.  They get SOOO excited.  When a 200 pound dog gets excited and is vibrating and jumping from the thrill of knowing he is getting in the car, it is NOT fun LOL.  I am trying to get some laundry started and things packed for the weekend.  The dogs and I are heading up to our place in the Pocono's for a 4 day weekend.  I better remember to pack a warm coat...its only going to be in the mid 50's during the day and FREEZING at night.  I am off to work at 11 and then picking the dogs up later tonight after work.  This evening, I will spend packing up the rest of our stuff and getting the car packed. 

Have a great day!

HG
Laureen S.
on 10/1/08 11:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish and PA Posters!

Trish, I did not see the game, but I know the feeling of the 9th inning and things getting close, only I know all to well the team that blows it in the 9th. . .  oh well, maybe next year. . .  hope your Phillies give you that title you're looking for, but then I'll have to listen to you all gloat . . . 

Anyway, here we are again, another work week ending with so much to do over the weekend. . .  everyone is talking cleaning, well I've got to get my yardwork done, the backyard looks like an overgrown mess, when did the grass grow so high  All I know is it is going to take 2x as long to cut it and normally it takes about 40 minutes, but I guess that will be my workout, I also have to winterize that and the front yard, oh and then there is housing cleaning and laundry and in the middle of this weekend is the OH event and Sunday my g/f's birthday, phew, anybody want to live my life?  This is the last busy weekend I have planned for a while, then it will be getting the chores done and maybe refamiliarizing myself with some television programming, I still have not caught up with the last 4 weeks of last season's Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters and now we are into the new season, hopefully I'll catch up next week.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!

Prayers, hugs and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bubble273
on 10/2/08 1:05 am - Levittown, PA

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm a little late posting...it's 11:00 a.m., but have been up and about getting Connor off to school and doing some transcribing.  You know it's cold when my son wants his sweatshirt on to go to school!!!  He's the hottest kid I have ever met.  And this morning he was like, "Mom, it's freezing."  So it's a good thing I stopped at K-mart a few days ago and picked him up some sweat pants.  He's a chunky kid, so sweats and pull on pants is about the only thing that I buy for him.  I don't think he's worn a pair of jeans since he was 3!!

Later today I'm off to Allentown for a job at 3:30.  I won't be there too long, maybe an hour to an hour and a half and then I'll head home.  Tonight for dinner it will be leftovers.  I have left over meatloaf and beef stroganoff.  Plus I have some taco stuff left over, but I will eat some of that for lunch today.  Does anyone get tired of cooking all the time???  I wish someone would cook for me.  My husband used to make dinner sometimes, but now that he's not staying at the house, I guess that's out of the question :)

Well, have a great day!!!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views