Harrisburg support groups

retta0426
on 10/1/08 7:01 am - Middletown, PA
I'm sitting here at work with less then five minutes until it's time to go. (ok, so I'm NOT supposed to be on this message board posting,  but hey others have been doing similar things and my boss ok'd for me to get on here now, so here I am)
All day we had this lovely bake sale and all I could think about was that chocolate peanut butter cake calling my name. Nope I didn't have any. I know that a HUGE part of my problem lately has been I haven't been coming to this board, talking to everyone here, getting the support I really truly need. So, somehow I am going to get on here on a daily basis and talk to you guys. (you can tell me to stop being a bug anytime you want :P )
I also know I really need to meet others face to face that are still struggling even after surgery. Many of us have asked in the past about others in the Harrisburg area who would like to get together, but things never really picked up. So, I'm asking again, anyone want to attempt to get together once or twice, or more if need be, a month in this area? I really need the support because otherwise, I can see myself gaining weight and becoming extremely depressed.
I hate to ask others for help, but I really don't know what else to do, and you guys have always been very helpful in the past. We can get together in my living room if you want, I just NEED to get more support, somehow.
Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 8:47 am - Lancaster, PA
How far are you from Harrisburg?
retta0426
on 10/1/08 1:13 pm - Middletown, PA
I am ten minutes from Harrisburg, twenty five minutes at most from Lancaster and about a half hour from York.
Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 1:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
I live in lancaster would you ever consider coming here?
Maybe we could start something. If not maybe we can meet up in Harrisburg sometime.
Do you work during the day?
retta0426
on 10/1/08 2:33 pm - Middletown, PA
I do work during the day, mon thru frid until about 5:30'ish, then frid and sat I wor****il about 6. (christmas that will change and I'll work later)
I wouldn't mind driving to Lancaster, it's really not that far of a drive for me. 283 is less then five minutes from me, so I can hop on there and be to Lancaster pretty quick.
Right now, I feel very desperate, I can see myself falling into very bad habits if I don't start getting support again. I hate to sound needy, but I know myself well enough to know if I don't start connecting with others in this same journey, I'm going to fail. I've come to far to let myself fall again. Family supports me as much as they can, but they just don't get it unfortunately.
mikesuzy
on 10/2/08 12:40 am - PA
There is a support group for The Weight Loss Clinic that meets monthly at Harrisburg Community Hospital (formerly the Ostepathic Hospital).  Their next meeting is on 10/13 at 6:00.  Would that work?
retta0426
on 10/2/08 2:12 am - Middletown, PA
I did go to one of thier meetings about six months ago. It was ok, but honestly, I just felt out of place because I wasn't one of thier patients. I spoke with one of the surgeons for about two minutes, but none of the other patients or the nutritionalist even spoke to me. Now mind you, I'm normally one of the most outgoing people you will meet. I generally will go up to someone new and start talking to them, but I didn't feel like I could even do that at the meeting I was at. I hate to say this but it felt very "clique". :(
~GetnBack2Me ~
on 10/2/08 2:05 am - York Haven, PA
I would LOVE to have a support group...I am even willing to host one at my house...I live in York Haven...Let me know

Jen

emimomsm.jpg Emi and Momma image by Imdamomma  momelism.jpg Eli N Momma image by Imdamomma

retta0426
on 10/2/08 2:14 am - Middletown, PA
Jen,
Not sure how far York Haven is. (heard of it though) but, either way, yes I can make arrangements to be there!!
lovely2lqqat
on 10/5/08 7:33 am - harrisburg, PA
I would love to meet as well. i live just outside of harisburg in lingelstown and even if i was to come to lancaster for a meeting me and someone could share the ride and the gas. it would be a lot of fun.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views