Vent for today

Laureen S.
on 10/2/08 12:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Shilpa,

It's funny, but I'm hearing similar comments from people these days, in that most people tell me I look great and they don't think I need to lose anymore weight.  I thank them for their comments and tell them I will re-evaluate my need to lose more weight when I reach the 150 mark, which is still 23 pounds for me.  Dr. P told me at my 9 month check up not to concentrate on the scale anymore, but more on inches, as the charts number is not the important one for me (perhaps because I am in my 50s (lol)), anyway, I think that people see our loss differently than we ourselves do and while some might be a tad jealous, I think it is probably a big change for their vision, I know I've seen some people I've known that had WLS, that look drawn when or as they approach goal, but once their bodies have adjusted and my eyesight (lol), they look awesome, so go by what your surgeon says and like Pam told her co-workers, you are under a doctor's care and are not going to go too far. . .

Good luck and hey, isn't it nice to hear things like, aren't you getting too thin (lol)?

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Dennis Belk
on 10/2/08 12:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Shilpa, their problems are not your problem, don't take them, let them keep them, because
YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!

Dennis

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views