OT - How do you handle this?

Patricia R.
on 10/1/08 7:59 am - Perry, MI

Since my divorce, I go with my best friend's saying.  "The more I hear about men, the more I like my cats." 

Great response, Beth.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 10/1/08 12:33 pm - Easton, PA
Funny you should say that Trish....

Cause after the incident I picked up "my" cat and kept him in the bed with me all day. 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 10/1/08 12:53 pm - Perry, MI
I understand what you mean, Pam.  My cats comfort me when I am feeling alone and misunderstood.  They don't care about what people think of me.  They just care about their food, and snuggling with me when I am alone.

Enjoy them.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 10/1/08 9:12 pm - Easton, PA
Pam - Are Chris and Brian long lost twins?! lol

Good luck getting him to tell you what he is actually angry about - and they call us confusing! Chris does the same thing. He gets all mad, takes it out on my emotions but can never tell me what it is.

Stay strong there sweetie - It'll be over before you know it and you will be loving the new house.

Maybe suggest purchasing a car cover? Or if they will allow it one of those portable car ports?

Good luck!

Liz

PS - kitties are the best when you are down!
sbrunell
on 10/2/08 1:19 am - Bensalem, PA
Ok, here is the testosterone speaking.
I can understand why the hubby is the way he is.  Brian feels that he can't make everyone happy.  and well, it has to be someone's fault...so it's yours!

I am the same way to some extent. My wife and I have both talked about having 3-4 kids. Now, with all the financial problems and uncertainty, I am not willing to have more, but she still does. So even though it was a joint decision, I can't go along w/ it.

But the reality is he has time off, whether you live in NJ or in PA and he can certainly see them on his days off. It won't decrease his ability to see them. It might make it a bit more inconvenient, but it's not that terrible. If I recall, you are looking to move w/i 30 min of the NJ border...

Let me know if I can help more.

Take care.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 10/2/08 3:17 am - Easton, PA
I was actually hoping for some male imput here.....

We can both be pretty stubborn....and like I said, plain and simple, he does not handle stress well and everything about this is stressful.....so what do you do when you don't know what to do?  You lash out.  At least...that's what he does.

I'm not condoning this...and I know I do it to....

Thanks Steve....things are a bit better today....we shall see how it goes.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views