Bad news about dinner on Sat

Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 3:23 am - Lancaster, PA
Hey. well bad news. Apparently conshohocken is having their fun fest this sat, so the whole main part of downtown will be shut off to traffic, and none of the restaurants can take any reservations for large parties. So I dont think we can do it. Even the hotel will charge a rental fee for a private room for any large parties in the restaurant.

If anyone wants to meet with me regarding the Beck group I would be happy to hang out a bit after the conference, to answer questions etc.

If you are breaking up into small groups. I would encourage you to walk down to the main drag and check out the festivities. The pub has a good menu, and Bella luna has small plates for dinner as well.

I am really bummed out.
CherylT
on 10/1/08 3:44 am - Perkasie, PA
Well, darn, I was looking forward to it. You know, I I also have never sat at a pub/bar, before....lol.

We'll figure summin' out.

Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 3:54 am - Lancaster, PA
we can definately find one another for lunch. they will have lunch provided and they will be able to accomodate all of us. so we can sit together in the lunch room, LOL
Patricia R.
on 10/1/08 4:02 am - Perry, MI
Hey Nicole,
It is a shame we can't all do dinner together, but we will get to see each other throughout the day.  There is also the Phillies game I think at 6:00, so I will not mind heading home to watch them. 

Thanks for trying.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 10/1/08 4:25 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Is there perhaps another place, within a short distance where the people who wanted to meet up could?  Maybe within 15 minutes of the place. . .  Just a thought.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 4:35 am - Lancaster, PA
king of prussia is up the road. I am not sure about what place to go to accomodate a large party
Laureen S.
on 10/1/08 4:56 am - Maple Shade, NJ
How large a party?  And can always look up restaurants in King of Prussia area. . .  not sure if I'm coming or not, Ilene is waiting on the others in our party to see what they want to do. . .  but I thought maybe my suggestion would help, then again it could just be a bigger job than you want to handle. . . 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 10/1/08 5:05 am - Lancaster, PA
the count was looking closer to 25. That is too much for most restaurants to handle without a private room. I am learing that rapidly. LOL
I know alot of the people are concerned about driving too far,
I am just going to let it be and see what happens. We will all have lunch together and maybe people will break down into smaller groups. Who knows LOL
tanya72100
on 10/1/08 7:00 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
why not check out the fun fest as a group. Im bummed to.. There are a few resturaunts in the KOP mall. We could see about going there. I know there are some bigger places there. in and around the mall.

ktreavis
on 10/1/08 9:44 am - PA
I will not be attending but you could also look up places in Bridgeport, that is where my MIL lives and there are a few places there. It is just a few minutes up rt 23 from Conshohocken. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Sorry I will miss the event, but Saturday is our 1st wedding anniversary. Have a great time everyone. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views