Help-Nausea 24/7

Marlo71
on 10/1/08 1:09 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Everyone,
 Well I am a little over 3 weeks out and have been doing o****il now.  Starting Monday I have been so sick to my stomach.  It started when I went to soft foods and some foods made me a little sick, now I am sick 24/7.  I can barely eat and have these randon dry heaves where nothing comes out and my pouch/esphougus (sp) makes this weird noise.  Does anyone have any remedies for settling upset stomach?  I'm going to call my Dr soon, but thought maybe some one could help.  And if anyone has gone through this, how long does it last?  Now, I did start my period yesterday ( or some spotting, which I havent had in 5 months due to the Depo shot) But I dont know if that has anything to do with it.  This is so miserable!!  I went back to work Monday and had to call in all ready!  ARGHHHH 
Thanks Guys!

-Marlo 

Pam Hart
on 10/1/08 1:40 am - Easton, PA
Marlo,

I had trouble w/ nausea each time I transitioned food stages. I would go back to either the stage before it or even liquids for a little while and try again.

The best thing for nausea I found directly post surgery was peppermint tea.  No milk, maybe a little splenda, and that was it.  Sipping on it helped the nausea for me.

Feel better - this to shall pass!

However - definately call the doctor....they would want to know about it.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Marlo71
on 10/1/08 5:15 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Pam!!  This is the worst, I can hardly eat, I'm so sick all the time.  I did try the Peppermint tea and it made me throw up.   I did finally call my surgeon and he prescribed a suspension liquid for Ulcers to take for 4 days!!  But the side effects says: constipation, upset stomach and nausea!!  I just wanted some anti nausea medicine!  Do you know what the symptoms are for ulcers and is this what I should be taking?  I did call my PCP to ask for a 2nd opinion, but I doubt I'll hear back from her.  I hate being sick to my stomach!   WAAHHHHH  I want my mommmy...lol
Thanks so much Pam

-Marlo 

Melanie B.
on 10/1/08 2:04 am - Doylestown, PA
Marlo,

I'm in the same boat and was going to post about it, but I figured I'd tag along wiht you.

I'm 5 1/2 weeks out and have had issues since transitioning to soft foods late last week as well. I just feel like crap all the time now and even liquids make be want to hurl. I'm barely eating at this point it's so bad.

I also have this empty crampy feeling in my guts (go figure) something tells me it's gas....who knows.

Alos I've been REALLY bad with my fluids (as in barely drinking) and I know all of this is most liley making matters worse. Today I am forgetting about protein and concentrating on water and peppermint tea.

I have my 6 week follow up next week and if I'm still feeling so crappy will have to bring it up. Otherwise I feel that this is just a "stage' and will eventually pass.

Marlo71
on 10/1/08 5:09 am - Harrisburg, PA
Oh I am so in the same boat!!  I had the Peppermint tea this morning and it made me throw up.  But nothing comes out.  Thats what sucks.  Nothing I do helps and I'm barely eating.  But I did call my surgeon's office and told them my problem and they prescribed me some suspension liquid for ulcers.  Then I read the side effects and it says:  constipation, upset stomach and nausea!!  C'mon, thats what I have already!  So I have another call out to my PCP for a 2nd opinion.  This has sucked so bad, I have had the worst 3 weeks of my life, I'm so not up to go through this.  I cry all day, what a wuss! 
But thanks for sharing, I hope you feel better soon.  Well hopefully we will both get through this and get back on track!!

-Marlo 

Liz R.
on 10/1/08 9:00 pm - Easton, PA
Ladies - I felt that way for 7-8 weeks post op - then one morning I woke up and felt great! Just try and get your fluids in and eat what you can tolerate - a call to the surgeon never hurts though!

Symptoms of ulcers - pain stabbing and burning after you eat - for me it was after I ate anything - didn't really make me vomit though. Although occasionally the carafete that I had to take to treat them did!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views