PRAYERS NEEDED!!!

Andy Kovatch
on 9/29/08 9:24 pm - York, PA
I know this may make me a hypocrit considering my questioning the existance of a God in the past.  Although I still have my questions, I will admit I believe a lot more nowadays than I have in the past.  Not sure what swayed me, but I'm not going to question it.  Anyway, I come to you with sadness this morning and looking for help.

I received a phone call last night around 11:00 from my best friend's wife.  When I saw her number come up on my caller ID, I knew that at that time of night it couldn't be good news.  And it wasn't.  She called me to tell me that my best friend John had suffered a stroke - at 38 years old!!!  He's in Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville.  John is a big man (maybe 330 pounds or so?) and has thought about having wls ever since he saw my success, but has insisted on trying to lose weight the old fashioned way - dieting.  Like most of us prior to surgery, it lasted a week, maybe two at the most and he'd be back to his old eating habits.

This just breaks my heart.  John is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.  Hell, when I moved to Phoenixville he would drive a half hour from Downingtown just to pick me up to go to our softball game in Downingtown and then bring me back to Phoenixville when the game was over.  He knew I loved to play and he wanted me at the game, so he'd make the drive - even with gas over $4.00 a gallon over the summer and his vehicle being a truck. 

I'm asking for your prayers for John today.  He's supposed to have a bunch of testing done today.  He lost partial vision in one eye and feeling on one side of his body, not to mention his bp was through the roof.  For a 330 pound-plus man, this is not good.  Thank you for your well wishes in advance.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

keri2008
on 9/29/08 9:30 pm - PA
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and his family.  So sorry to hear about this.
Patricia R.
on 9/29/08 9:47 pm - Perry, MI
Andy,
My heart goes out to you, John and his family.  I will definitely pray for all of you, and believe that God has John in the palm of His loving hand. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 9/29/08 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sometimes we have to believe in things bigger than we are - and even if you're not a firm believer it doesn't hurt to pray and ask for prayers, and of course we'll send prayers and well wishes out to your friend and his family - that's what we do here!

Maybe this will be the deciding factor for John to take the next step to a healthier life and look into WLS more closely - he couldn't ask for a better role model than you.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/08 10:15 pm
I'm sorry to hear about John's stroke.  I will keep him in my prayers.  I know how much he means to you.

HG
Liz R.
on 9/29/08 10:23 pm - Easton, PA
Andy - Thoughts, pravers and best wishes headed John's way, as well as to his family and friends. Make sure to take care of yourself through all of  this!

Liz
Laureen S.
on 9/29/08 11:14 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

My prayers go out for John and all whose lives are touched by him for health and the strength needed to get through this!

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lucy B.
on 9/30/08 12:26 am - Glenmoore, PA
My prayers are with you,Johb & his family.  God DOES answer prayer!!

oobiebus
on 9/30/08 12:38 am - pottstown, PA
I will also be sending lots of prayers for your friend andy~Keep us posted on his progress!Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Pam Hart
on 9/30/08 2:15 am - Easton, PA
Andy,

I will be thinking of you and John and his family.  Best wishes to all involved and please keep us updated.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views