Ow

keri2008
on 9/29/08 10:11 pm - PA
Okay.  So I woke up yesterday with a little "discomfort" in the pouch but figured it was due to eating a little bit later than usual to get all the protein in.  It went away by lunchtime so I figured all was fine.  Yesterday afternoon I had my snack (a l/f cheesestick).  About an hour after that I had low-grade pain across the line under my breasts (sorry to be graphic - lol). I got home from work and started sipping tea.  Made my way through 3 cups.  Then tried 2 ice pops.  Nothing working.  Took a dose of Lor-tab and that helped.  Back up this AM and it's there again.  I switched to liquids and packed everything for work that is liquids but it's still hurting so I don't even want liquids.  I'm just going to start sipping tea and stick to that.  I know from all the wonderful support you guys have given that it's okay to skip the proteing and focus on fluids if the pouch is "upset" but want to confirm as well as see if anyone else has had this sort of discomfort?  Any help?  :0)  Thanks.
Liz R.
on 9/29/08 10:25 pm - Easton, PA
Keri - Could be a few things, eating too fast, not chewing well enough, something too "heavy" or what Pam calls "prissy pouch". Going back to liquids for a day or 2 isn't a bad idea. just take it slow and easy - if it doesn't feel better soon please don't hesitate to call your surgeon!

Best of luck

Liz
keri2008
on 9/30/08 10:12 am - PA
Thanks Liz.  I called Boe, it's not prissy pouch due to a one event/food item.  He put me on Prevacid, feel SOOOOO much better.  Thanks!
dit657
on 9/29/08 10:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Hi Keri - yeah, sometimes when the pouch gets irritated it can take a day or two for it to become 'normal' again - definitely keep on the lquids - get a protein shake down if you can to get some proteins in - I wouldn't worry about making your goal in the next day or two (it took me several months before I was actually hitting my protein goals every day). Just give that pouch some time to relax and 'heal' itself.

But Liz is right - if you're not feeling better in another day or so, call Dr Boe - he will get back to you ASAP.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 9/30/08 10:13 am - PA
Thanks Kathy, I called Dr. Boe and it was something that needed a scrip for Prevacid.  I feel way better now since taking the first dose!  I was trying to be "strong" and deal with it.  LOL.  That'll teach me.
dit657
on 9/30/08 9:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA
That's good, Keri - yeah, don't wait too long when you think something isn't right inside - we're not really 'normal' anymore so no need to take chances. Hope you're feeling better soon...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 10/1/08 10:35 pm - PA
I definitely won't be waiting again.  :0)  The Prevacid alone is actually not working so now I'm taking Prevacid and 1/2 of the pepcid in the AM and 1/2 a pepcid tonight.  We'll see how it goes but if I'm still "upset" I'll be calling him.  :0)
Laureen S.
on 9/29/08 11:18 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I think why wait, you've been experiencing this for a full day now, call your surgeon, they rather get a call than not, it's probably all the things mentioned by others, but I opt on the call now.

Hope you feel better sooner than later.

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

keri2008
on 9/30/08 10:14 am - PA
And you were right Laureen.  I called Boe and on PRevacid I went.  One dose and I'm TONS better.  Thank you for your support!
Pam Hart
on 9/30/08 2:22 am - Easton, PA
Keri,

I would put a call out to Dr. Boe. It doesnt sound super serious at this point - but it's been a day already.  It probably is just "prissy pouch" but better to be told yes, it's ok, and be safe than sorry.

Feel better.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views