A WOW I have been wanting for a loooong time!

HopefulFuture
on 9/29/08 2:42 pm - Boston, MA
Hello PA!

I had a WOW moment today that I have been wanting for a really long time and I couldn't wait to share it with you all. 

I was never able to run as a kid growing up and it's always been something I wanted to be able to do.  Anyway, around Thanksgiving time last year, I tried running on a treadmill.  I ran for 3 straight minutes (sad, but honestly, that was longer than I was ever able to run previously) but then needed to stop because I felt like I was going to hyperventilate and pass out ;)  I kept at it though and I've been running ever since...slowly increasing the time I'm able to run for, hoping that one day I would be able to run for 30 straight minutes. 

Well today was that day!  This morning I ran for 30 straight minutes without stopping.  I was so happy and proud once I made it through and I really couldn't wait to share this with all of you!

Hope everyone is doing well and I am thinking of all of you!

Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 9/29/08 6:24 pm - Easton, PA
Lisa,

Good for you!!  I can totally relate to not being able to run - as I was/am in the same situation.  When I was training for the 5K I had gotten up to about 15 minutes - but then got bronchitis and had to stop and haven't really been training since.

That is a fabulous fabulous moment and I'm so proud of you!!  Keep it up!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 10/13/08 2:52 am, edited 10/13/08 3:31 am - Boston, MA
I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to respond and thank you so much for being so happy for me, and so proud of me, Pam!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/29/08 8:49 pm

Wonderful, someday I hope to be able to do the same without pain.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

HopefulFuture
on 10/13/08 2:54 am, edited 10/13/08 3:14 am - Boston, MA
I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to respond and thank you so much for being so happy for me, Nan.  I don't doubt that you too, will be able to run someday while being pain-free.

J. M.
on 9/29/08 9:02 pm
Wooooooooooooooooooo  Hooooooooooooooooooo!

I knwo that feeling! It's amazing isnt it?

Congrats girl!!!

~ Jen   

HopefulFuture
on 10/13/08 2:54 am, edited 10/13/08 3:15 am - Boston, MA
I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to respond and thank you so much for being so happy for me, Jen.

keri2008
on 9/29/08 9:49 pm - PA
Congratulations Lisa!!!  What an exciting and amazing wow moment.  I am working up to walking my two mile (pitiful but hey, I'm doing it!) Leslie Sansone tape so your post is an inspiration!! 

Keri
HopefulFuture
on 10/13/08 2:57 am, edited 10/13/08 3:15 am - Boston, MA
I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to respond and thank you so much for being so happy for me, Keri.  Don't be at all ashamed of working up to walking two miles -- we all have to start somewhere and that is really terrific.  Thank you so much for saying my post was an inspiration to you!

dit657
on 9/29/08 9:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Kid!!! That's wonderful!! Its fantastic that you were able to accomplish a goal that you set for yourself - that has to feel amazing!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views