Is this for real? Oh my!

jojobear98
on 9/28/08 11:43 pm - Gettysburg, PA

1996 McDonalds Hamburger

Posted by Karen Hanrahan at 9/23/2008 7:24 PM and is filed under Nutrition,Parenting,HeathE News Archive
I teach a workshop titled Healthy Choices for Children.  It's a class for parents seeking solutions to how to improve the way they eat. It's about the alternative food market, organics, and the top ten food additives to avoid and why, menu planning and more.  It's a 3 session fabulously informative interactive class.

Below is my absolutely favorite prop.

People are always astounded when I share this.

I have used this as show and tell for a very long time.

This is a hamburger from McDonalds that I purchased in 1996.

That was 12 years ago.

Note that it looks exactly like it did the very day I bought it.

The flecks on the bun are crumbs from the bun.

The burger is starting to crumble a bit

It has the oddest smell.

The paper and bag in the backround is circa 2008 - to add decor to the photo. My friend Robyn's idea.

This is the retro welch's grape juice plastic container I have always kept it in. People always ask me - what did you do to preserve it ?

Nothing - it preserved itself.

Ladies, Gentleman, and children alike - this is a chemical food. There is absolutely no nutrition here.

Not one ounce of food value.  Or at least value for why we are eating in the first place.

The burger on the right, off the paper is a 2008 burger.  I had to buy it to get the groovy paper and bag.

The meat is a tad darker, the bun a little less golden but in 12 years it will look exactly like that too.

Do you find this horrifying?

McDonalds fills an empty space in your belly. It does nothing to nourish the cell, it is not a nutritious food.

It is not a treat.

I marvel at how McDonalds has infiltrated our entire world. A hamburger here tastes exactly the same in China or some around the world place. 

It's cloned.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Do me a favor and share this. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

K a r e n     H a n r a h a n
Wellness Educator/Nutritional Consultant
Mentoring YOU to Health Success

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

keri2008
on 9/29/08 4:09 am - PA
Talk about a retro hamburger....
lauraanne715
on 9/29/08 7:32 am - Pottstown, PA
OMG!!!! OMG!! EW! EW!!!!

I knew there was a reason I never liked that stuff!!! Did you ever see the documentary SUPERSIZE ME --yeah I will never ever eat Mcdonalds again...ew!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

deebatt
on 9/29/08 10:31 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
OMG thanks a heap for posting that...seriously.  Although in my head I know that Mcdondalds food isnt really "food", and that its awful for me...well i am a fast food junkie.  in particular mc d's.. not because i like it but because over the past years its become too convenient for me.  i blame a lot of my weight gain on my mc'ds (and wendys) addiction.   Now that i've begun my  6 month pre-op classes i'm finding it rough to resist the drivethru at mc'ds  ..for convenience, comfort, laziness im not sure  but its a habit i am struggling to break.  This pic and story really is giving me the kick in the arse that i need.  THANK YOU

~Denise
~ Denise 

jojobear98
on 9/29/08 9:09 pm - Gettysburg, PA
My friend sent it to me and I couldn't believe it. We go there occasionally and my kids love thier cheeseburgers but I am going to think twice now before I do that again. Although I am not sure the kiddos will understand and will probably fight me on it! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views