Eating Healthier Pre-op is not the same for Post-op

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/28/08 1:50 am, edited 9/28/08 1:44 pm

As I read these suggestions, I thought to myself, yeah sure.  I know that if I tried any of their suggestions .... the carbs would have to goooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?i d=1193

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 9/28/08 2:26 am - Easton, PA
It wouldn't let me access the link...it just brought me to a yahoo site that said "error reading message"

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Ready4 AChange
on 9/28/08 9:45 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
My biggest problem is carbs also....

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Pam Hart
on 9/28/08 10:19 pm - Easton, PA
It looks like the majority of the carbs are from the buns and what not as most of their suggestions are sandwhiches.  You don't eat the bun, you would probably get a whole lot less carbs (but it would make it a whole lot less convenient if trying to eat and drive like most of the american public these days)

The fat content in many of them is quite high as well.

Thanks Nan

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/29/08 1:37 am
That's what I'm talking about.  Pre-op we would eat the bun, but not now.  Pre-op we would have thought the fat content was tolerable and even low, but not now. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views