All these WOW's in one day!!

tanya72100
on 9/27/08 11:58 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Well today was a wonderfu day!!

Took the kids to borough day. Came home soakin wet from the rain but we walked!!! ALOT!!
 Saw ALOT of people including family members i havent seen since before surgery. My one cousin who is very overweight 400 + lbs saw me and almost started to cry. She and her sister(also very overweight couldnt believe it was me already. I dont see it as much yet but everyone seems too! 

Saw some friends and they were all excited to see me. I was told I have pencil legs now!! lol The kids had a great time though. They got lots of goodies and I enjoyed a chicken kabob , well about a 1/3 of it! It was awesome. I will be eating it for the next two days!!

Then we came home and took a nap, i was pooped!! The kids said they werent tired but believe or not my 3 yr old and 8 yr old both crashed!!

Then we got up got ready and went to dinner at my mom's sister house. We got up there and my aunt was SHOCKED!! She couldnt believe it. So she asked what size jeans i was in now. I told her i didnt really know. Now remember I started out in a 24 at surgery wearing a 4x shirt or 30/32 shirt.   So we went upstairs and she handed me a pair of 18 in jeans. I started laughing as i was putting them on.. guess what.. The damn things fit!!!! I almost died. I have a stretch jean that is an 16/18 but these were reg wrangler style jeans!! So freaking excited!!!

I cant believe i went from a size 24 to 18 in one month!! Holy hannah!!!!!

Ready4 AChange
on 9/27/08 12:04 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Congratulations !   I am so happy for you. It's those kind of WOW's that really get you on a postive track.
Keep up the good work...

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

keri2008
on 9/27/08 9:36 pm - PA
Congratulations on your multiple WOW day!  What wonderful wows to savor. 
Pam Hart
on 9/27/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
It's amazing!!  Keep up the fabulous work!!

The size thing is amazing - and can actually get annoying at some times too!  I started out in a 22/24 as well - my surgery was 10/30 and for Christmas I ended up buying a pair 14/16 pants which just blew my mind away.

You are working it well - and remember these moments!!  Might I add you are very very VERY quickly becoming an inspiration on this board to so many.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 9/28/08 2:07 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
awww. Pam. Thank you so much for wonderful words. Although i really dont think of myself as an inspiration just yet. I  hope that I can help people!! Its a great feeling to know you are working so hard and people actaully see it!!!

Thank again!!

Melanie B.
on 9/28/08 4:21 am, edited 9/28/08 4:21 am - Doylestown, PA
This is my first minin goal too Pam. I have a big formal holiday party on 12/12 and I am HOPING to be a size 14 and wear something sex-y! woo hoo.

Tanya, I also went from a size 22/24 to and 18 (can even fit in some 16s) in 4 weeks - freaking amazing isn't it!

Congrats on all your wows! (and I want the other half of your kabob!)

Pam Hart
on 9/28/08 4:22 am - Easton, PA
**HIJACK**

Your new avatar is GREAT!!  Looking fabulos-o!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jan K.
on 9/27/08 11:59 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
WOW and Yeaaaa Haaa~!  That's awesome!

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Nicole0216
on 9/28/08 7:07 am - Lancaster, PA
That is great. I dont know if I have told you this before. But I encourage new post ops, well everyone but mostly newbies. To record and keep your wow moments. They are good to reflect on when you are having a hard time and when the weight loss slows down. I have definately used mine once or twice to get through a hard time. or to see how far up the mountain I have climbed
dit657
on 9/28/08 9:48 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You are doing FANTASTIC!!! Sounds like you had an incredible weekend with lots of wonderful wow moments!! And congratulations on those jeans - that's wonderful!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views