omg i was able to get a towel around me!!!!

rita61677
on 9/27/08 8:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Holy crud ... i took a shower and was able to wrap a regular sized towel around myself without my booty sticking out. i cant belive it!!!!!!!! woooooo hoooooooo...

and to add to that ... i had to buy new bras since my old ones actually looked like i didnt even have a bra on ... i was a 42dd and now im a 38c. im so excited.

i love my tool!!!!
bcutekitty
on 9/27/08 9:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Isnt it a great feeling,i just walked past your house was going to knock but my loud mother was with me lol you proably heard us  we were carrying on had to park 10 blocks away lol,cant wait to see what you and hubby are looking like these days

rita61677
on 9/27/08 10:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
it was a great feeling kim. i didnt hear you i was getting raina ready for bed. ill be home tomorrow if you want to stop by,
ktreavis
on 9/27/08 10:05 am - PA
Good for you Rita - I remember the day I could do that for the first time. These moments will just keep on coming. Hope there are many more on the way.

Katie

Progress not perfection

keri2008
on 9/27/08 9:37 pm - PA
That's wonderful!  Keep up the good work.  I can't wait until I can fit a towel around myself!
Pam Hart
on 9/27/08 11:33 pm - Easton, PA
I remember that moment well.

Isn't it amazing?  It's all those little things - those daily activities that reminded us how we were not like the "normal" public - that now are reminding us that we ARE becoming "normal" (whatever the heck that might be)

Fabulous moments - keep em coming!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ShaunainHarleysville
on 9/28/08 1:01 am - Harleysville, PA
Gewtting a regular towel around me was one of my first and most memorable WOW's back in 2005.  I STILL think about the fact that I can use a small towel EVERY time I take a shower.  I love the fact that my WOW's remain my WOW's three years later! 
I also told myself that forgetting where I came from would be a tragic mistake, as I would be more likely to repeat history and fall back into the wrong behaviors.  Every morning before my WLS, I would lament over the fact that when I put my feet down on the floor after a night of rest that my feet would hurt.  Swollen, pre-arthritic feet hurt in the morning.  My back would ache from laying on it all night.  My neck hurt.  I made myself a promose three years ago that I would wake up everyday and sit on the edge of the bed and tell myself that it wouldn't hurt to get up and take the day on.  I still do it to this day.  My husband used to ask if I was ok, and now he just knows what I am doing.  I also made myself a promise not to EVER say "this sucks" or "why did I do this" or anything negative about the bypass.  Life isn't easy but the surgery and the process that began that day made it all worth living.  It's a big process called "successing" and the towel is something you should rejoice in and REMEMBER forever!  Great job and keep reaching!
Shauna
Melanie B.
on 9/28/08 4:10 am - Doylestown, PA
pictures! pictures! (kidding)

Rita, that's great - that too was my very first wow moment! Ain't it grand!

Congrats.

Nicole0216
on 9/28/08 7:14 am - Lancaster, PA

that is awesome isnt it? I would suggest recording your wow moments so that they can provide you with inspiration in the future.

karmie001
on 9/29/08 5:26 am - Feasterville, PA
That's great.  That was my first WOW moment also and it still feels pretty good.  Keep up the good work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views