Biggest Loser

retta0426
on 9/26/08 2:53 pm - Middletown, PA
Well, my first week of the biggest loser at work didn't go as well as I had hoped. I've been extremely careful in everything that I've been eating this week, been walking the steps, taking my lunch time walk (3.1 miles!) and I've only lost 2 lbs!!! I know I should be grateful, it's two pounds lost, not gained, but I had really hoped I would lose more then that. Or I had thought/hoped I would have lost more then the girl who was eating chocolate, cake, cookies, brownies and did I mention CANDY all week!!! She lost 3 lbs! Now mind you she only needs to lose about 15 lbs total to meet her goal weight and I need to lose much more, but STILL!! I'm so upset with myself, I really thought I could or would do better then I did.
Next week, I'm going to up the time I walk and up the other excersizes at night. I've got to do something. I also thought the others who were doing this with me would push me harder to do better, but honestly, they just laugh when I sit at my desk, eating my fruit, or veges and drinking a protein shake instead of a soda in the afternoon. So, guess I'll be pushing myself to do better, not just because I want to win this contest at work, but because I know I need to lose another 50 lbs to be where I want to be.
Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 7:41 pm - Easton, PA
Hang in there Loretta.  You are right - 2 pounds lost is better than anything gained.  keep pushing yourself for your health - it will pay off!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 9/26/08 9:18 pm - PA
Sounds like a tough situation to be in.  Stay committed to your health and taking care of yourself because that's really what it's all about.  Hang in there girl!

Keri
Nicole0216
on 9/28/08 10:34 am - Lancaster, PA
Loretta the nutritionist I Saw at Dr Braders the other day told me that we will always have to be on a restricted calorie diet, Other women can eat 1,800 calories and lose but if we do we will gain. It is kind of the drawback. So we have to watch what we eat forever. She recommeded that I eat 4 times a day no more than a cup of food each meal. 1,000-1,200 calories.
Ugh

But I think at your time away from surgery. You should be happy with 2 lbs. It is nothing to be upset about.
HopefulFuture
on 10/1/08 1:14 am - Boston, MA

Keep at it Loretta!  You are doing really great!!  Nothing at all to feel down about -- your hard work will pay off in the long run.

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views