Do all workplaces have chocolate?

CherylT
on 9/26/08 6:29 am - Perkasie, PA
The library I used to work at had a bowl filled with chocolate in the break room. The new place I work at, in the jewelry dept., has a chocolate drawer under the register.

/rant...

Lesley G.
on 9/26/08 7:04 am - Allegan, MI
It's crazy, isn't it?  This week my work also had donuts, cupcakes, and cookies in addition to the usual stash of chocolate.  Today, however, took the cake (literally) -- we had an ice cream truck that came to the office and people could get whatever they wanted.  I stayed inside while that was going on.

Oddly enough, none of this bothered me as a pre-op.  Funny how that works! 

Lesley
Nicole0216
on 9/26/08 8:19 am - Lancaster, PA
It is awful!! One of the reasons I have never tried sugar is to not have to make that decision on a daily basis. We have chocolate, we have cakes everyday, we have vendors who bring in food, we have candy on everyone's desk. Someone is ordering food everynight!!  It is awful!
Shan08
on 9/26/08 9:18 am - the Skook, PA

In a word.. I think.. YES.  Mine also regularly orders out for lunch... pizza, subs, etc.  The staff room/kitchen smelled so good today.  I found myself getting *****y as I went to the fridge for my cottage cheese :(  If I could only see more results, I don't think i'd be so bitter.  I had a bad week.  Sighhhh.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Pam Hart
on 9/26/08 10:26 am - Easton, PA
Yep...chocolate...chips...pretzels...you name it we got it. And especially on night shift it is out on the nurses station desk cause we don't get a dinner break (we work 11-7 entitled to a 15 min break. The other shifts work 7-3:30 and 3-11:30...so that is where their half hour break comes into play.  Our "half hour break" is taken at the end of our shift...)

Last night was bad - and I ate a decent amount of chips and pretzels I shouldn't have.

Funny thing - I used to be the one contributing to the "trough" as we would call it.  I can bake pretty good - and used to bring in trays of brownies and cookies and what.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/26/08 2:17 pm - Perry, MI
I am a teacher, and we don't have a break room in the school I am in, so it is not so bad.  At one school though, they had a weekly pretzel day where someone would bring in Philly soft pretzels for the staff.  That was when I would have a pretzel and diet Coke for breakfast.  Those were the days.  When I go to work at the hospital, some of the units have donuts in the chart rooms, which makes me crazy.  I will torture myself and peek inside the box, like I don't know what a donut looks like.

The sad thing is, my sister is much heavier than I ever was, and is hoping to have surgery soon.  She has had success in losing weight in the past, but not recently.  She will always be buying candy for her desk for the office she works in.  Is it a rule to buy candy for everyone?  I think she is co-dependent. 

Oh well, hang in there. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

peace013061
on 9/26/08 9:29 pm - Connellsville, PA
Throw them a curve ball ......Take a veggie tray in LOL

Tough times don't create character tough times reveal character.

joldaker
on 9/26/08 11:53 pm - West Bradford, PA
Yes I think EVERY business has chocolate in the break room/ snack drawer.

I am lucky enough to have created our snack drawer at work so it is only filled with bypass friendly snacks and I will NOT let them put anything into it to make it stink of sugar or fat. LOL

Lucky for me the snack drawer is right next to my desk.

Maybe you could start leaving your types of snacks there too so they have to think about your needs. Or have them put that crap away.
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
dit657
on 9/27/08 9:00 am - Boothwyn, PA
The big candy jar is actually on my counter in front of me, but it has a lid on it and since I know I dump on sugars it might as well be a bowl of doo-doo, cuz i'm not touching it!! We do, however, have all kinds of pizza lunchs - at least once a week, plus other food coming in. I keep sf pudding in the fridge for these occasions, and the other week when we had a birthday and cake was brought in I made 2 sf pies and took them - they went before the cake!!

It can be hard at times, but remember how hard you've worked and what you've done to get there - think of candy as poison that you can't touch!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 9/29/08 12:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cheryl,
No not all workplaces have chocolate. But they have other bad bad things.
I just went into the kitchen here at work - and there is a coconut cake that
is big enough to feed a small village.
I could not believe it. I asked the guy who brought it in - why why why?
He did not want it in his home.
I think it should accidently fall in to the trash.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views